No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just talk about a slightly different type of "shocking" eBay price?

Who bids £48 on a Switch Pro Controller, which is only £55 new? Or £47 on a Switch game which is £49.99 new? Who is doing this?!

They're second hand! Games, okay, fine, save a few quid, they're unlikely to be faulty... But controllers?!

I don't get why some people are willing to bid up to £1-2 cheaper than new on used items.

Comment

You can explain those with tightness, what I want to know is who are these people buying used games for slightly more than they cost new! Usually when I go on eBay I'll find auctions with bids on it going slightly over a brand new "buy it now" item.

Comment

I am not complaining, case in point Chrono Trigger DS, 50 notes plus 3 pounds delivery even from USA on Amazon my auction is already at 70 with 4 days left (great lack of minimal research there by someone)

I think people have went a bit video game crazy in lockdown in honesty...there's definitely a larger market out there at the moment.
        Last edited by CAPCOM; 14-10-2020, 21:38.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
          I am not complaining, case in point Chrono Trigger DS, 50 notes plus 3 pounds delivery even from USA on Amazon my auction is already at 70 with 4 days left (great lack of minimal reseacrch there by someone)

I think people have went a bit video game crazy in lockdown in honesty...there's defintely a larger market out there at the moment.
          I wasn't aware these were going for so much. VG+ were getting rid of stock just a few years back for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Can I just talk about a slightly different type of "shocking" eBay price?

Who bids £48 on a Switch Pro Controller, which is only £55 new? Or £47 on a Switch game which is £49.99 new? Who is doing this?!

They're second hand! Games, okay, fine, save a few quid, they're unlikely to be faulty... But controllers?!

I don't get why some people are willing to bid up to £1-2 cheaper than new on used items.
            I often see auctions exceed BIN pricing on like products... Pretty special behaviour.

Comment

I think Chrono Trigger has increased in value in honesty on the DS for English language versions Cepp. I got an excellent reproduction SNES boxed copy and cartridge I am happy with for the NTSC SNES to go with my American collection and have it on a cloned Chinese handheld as well now that works great...so having an original DS copy is no big deal...

Square RPGs
              Capcom
              Nintendo

Its like the Holy Trinity of games that never lose their resale value but double or triple in value.

Oh and Treasure games! Probably because they have not made a title in ages.

I have been surprised at some of the prices I have been getting for Dreamcast titles too, these have really crept up...
              Last edited by CAPCOM; 14-10-2020, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                I think Chrono Trigger has increased in value in honesty on the DS for English language versions Cepp. I got an excellent reproduction SNES boxed copy and cartridge I am happy with for the NTSC SNES to go with my American collection and have it on a cloned Chinese handheld as well now that works great...so having an original DS copy is no big deal...

Square RPGs
                Capcom
                Nintendo

Its like the Holy Trinity of games that never lose their resale value but double or triple in value.

Oh and Treasure games! Probably because they have not made a title in ages.

I have been surprised at some of the prices I have been getting for Dreamcast titles too, these have really crept up...
                I grabbed a copy from VG+ during their DS clearout along with a few other RPGS like Infinite Space and Front Mission thankfully I do wish I had the SNES version but I've long since missed the boat on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                  I grabbed a copy from VG+ during their DS clearout along with a few other RPGS like Infinite Space and Front Mission thankfully I do wish I had the SNES version but I've long since missed the boat on that one.
                  Wait, is Infinite Space valuable? I have a copy of that kicking around.

Comment

Yup that one has been expensive for a while now

Comment

I may have a mint one for sale soon

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Wait, is Infinite Space valuable? I have a copy of that kicking around.
                        Yep, it's a little pricey these days.

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        I may have a mint one for sale soon
                        You have my attention!

Comment

You get first dibs. I somehow ended up with a second copy after buying a bunch of mint US SNES games. Probably the wrong time to spend thousands on SNES games, but I miss the SNES so much

I'll also have a spare Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen with maps and charts!

Comment

Yep, it's a little pricey these days.
                            Just looked it up; it's around £25, so I guess it has held value.

Comment

Depends on region too, some regions seem to be higher than others for certain games. In the USA things tend to get crazy with pricing. Found that out when looking for the castlevania games on ds ended up going with jpn versions in the end as they were cheaper but even those were damn expensive.

Comment

Noticed that too. Also nice when US versions are worth more but listed at the same price as PAL copies on UK eBay. Had that with Drakengard and Koudelka in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                                X