No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Mario is totally ridiculous but I wouldn’t worry about it driving up ordinary retro more than its natural rises. Those super sales are on a totally different spectrum. There’s other stuff going on there because those games are only worth 1% of the sale price. Something like sealed SMB is nowhere near as rare as a mint Action Comics #1.

Comment

Really fascinating deep dive into WATA/Heritage and the key folks behind them.

Comment

I'd just come here to post that, it's a great video - lengthy but worth it! Whole thing is a scam really.

Comment

Oh good, I’m glad someone is exposing this as the nonsense as it is. Haven’t watched yet but will do later. The unquestioning credulity of the mainstream coverage of these Heritage Auctions stories has really irritated me.

Comment

Not really shocking for price but shocking as i never expected a taiko arcade machine to pop up on ebay lol. It's just the brains & the security keys to get it to boot but taiko green is a pretty newish version. Would be amazing to have my drum hooked upto something like this at home but i have a feeling that it's not just a matter of plugging it in and turning it on, credits would have to be rigged somehow & i think it has to be connected online to bandai's network to update the songs banapass ect....

Comment

Game collecting is turning brains into soup.

Comment

That is ****ing unbelievable. No wait, it's completely believable. But shouldn't be.

Comment

That is completely hilarious. That person is demented.

Comment

Amusingly at one point a game with a 5000 print run would be considered pretty rare but now with switch limited physical releases sometimes only having stupidly small print runs it's only gonna get more crazy from here on out.

Comment

I get similar messages when I put supposed $200+ games up with $10 starting bids and no BIN price.

When I need to sell a game it's because I need the cash for something else. Really. I can't afford to have my game sit up there for 16 months waiting for some poor mug to buy it.

I'll be doing a boxed Metroid Fusion soon. Will link it in here.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 04-09-2021, 18:18.

Comment

That is hilarious, I presume it’s in America so I am unaffected again, but my god this hobby is getting silly over there.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                          That is hilarious, I presume it’s in America so I am unaffected again, but my god this hobby is getting silly over there.
                          Think the hobby is getting silly everywhere these days to be fair

Comment

True, the stupidity is on steroids there though

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                              True, the stupidity is on steroids there though
                              Lol yeah the do everything bigger over there

Comment

Honestly I'm really looking forward to the day that Saturn and PS2 emulation are essentially resolved on a reasonably priced device.

Those platforms are the holdouts now. Then I can finally just forget about these parasites and play Guardian Heroes again.

Comment

Working...
                                X