No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on eBay, but I've seen a reputable retro dealer (not going to name) is currently selling an DMG-001 original Gameboy fully boxed for £500.

Sh1t like this is precisely part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Honestly I'm really looking forward to the day that Saturn and PS2 emulation are essentially resolved on a reasonably priced device.

Those platforms are the holdouts now. Then I can finally just forget about these parasites and play Guardian Heroes again.
      Can't you just get a fat PS2 along with an old HDD and Free McBoot it? That's what I did a couple of years ago.

€35 PS2 from CEX. 9/10 condition.
      €10 new in box extra controller.
      €15 network adapter.
      €10 300GB IDE HDD.
      €10 official 8MB memory card.

I'm lucky in that my MiSTer, PS2, and Xbox 360 play everything I deem essential from the Saturn. I don't really need one at all.

Comment

Yeah, likewise with the Saturn, original hardware plus a Satiator or Phantom Universal chip + BIOS flash will allow you to play everything you want without bothering about EBay sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Really fascinating deep dive into WATA/Heritage and the key folks behind them.

WATA load of s**t.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Yeah, likewise with the Saturn, original hardware plus a Satiator or Phantom Universal chip + BIOS flash will allow you to play everything you want without bothering about EBay sellers.
            [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] - [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] - I've considered this kind of thing for a while.

But stuff like FPGA has been "almost there" for quite a while now on Saturn, and as a result, I've decided to wait until I can have everything neatly in one box, and skip original hardware entirely.

PS2 I've got a modded machine to play UK/Japanese games, however, apart from a few rarities, PS2 titles haven't rocketed up in value yet, so I've been okay to buy what I want.

Comment

Fair enough!

Comment

I am trying to build up a small collection of Jpn MD games and it’s a nightmare. Everything is in either really bad condition or seriously overpriced.

Nostalgic for the way it was 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  I am trying to build up a small collection of Jpn MD games and it’s a nightmare. Everything is in either really bad condition or seriously overpriced.

What you looking for
                  I have a few left that are unlikely to ever get played that I might get rid of & anything to avoid eBay at the minute

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post

One of the issues for me is that someone sees a mint version of a game sell at X price and instantly thinks that their knackered version is worth the same. And it really isn’t.

Only a serious collector is willing to drop big bucks on something and for that reason it needs to be mint.

Everyone else just wants a decent condition at a decent price but they’re super hard to come by because every thinks the game is worth more than it is.

The whole market is a mess TBH. Prices are warped out of control,

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      What you looking for
                      I have a few left that are unlikely to ever get played that I might get rid of & anything to avoid eBay at the minute
                      Cheers mate - drop me a pm.

Comment

NGPC SNK vs. Capcom: MOTM - Auction with a low starting bid: https://tinyurl.com/dtyze7cn

A boxed/complete Metroid Fusion went for £82.00.

Comment

Look at this weirdo!

Obviously somebody has gone and found a load of Japanese rom files and some miscellaneous hacks then knocked up some reproduction carts. "Very hard to find these" indeed, they don't really exist!

Comment

I only got €136 for my PCE set with the official Krikzz Turbo Everdrive v2.5. I would have preferred not to sell it at all, to be honest.

A complete PAL Match of the Millennium went for €55 - so you just know those BINs going for €200+ are simply BS.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 20-09-2021, 07:34.

Comment

Man, that's bad news. On Ebay, can you not put in a minimum start bid?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Man, that's bad news. On Ebay, can you not put in a minimum start bid?
                                I could, but I usually don't bother just to see how much this stuff is genuinely worth - so it's mostly my fault.

I'll be selling my 1-CHIP SFC with RGC SCART, controller, and SMW in the same way next.

Comment

Working...
                                X