• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something wrong with people on eBay

£200 for Dead Space???

Neil

Comment

It's sealed , stick an acrylic case over it with a stupid number on the front, say a 9.2 and charge 1.2 million for it

Comment

mmm that shata grading

Comment

I see a WATA graded Sonic 1 for the Genesis sold for $430k at auction recently

Comment

That is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              A complete PAL Match of the Millennium went for €55 - so you just know those BINs going for €200+ are simply BS.
              There are people buying up auction copies of certain games, to try and own the bulk that tend to go up for sale, so they can list all of them for >£200. They're literally forming a cartel; trying to make sure when you go to eBay, you only see BIN games at stupid prices, and thus that becomes the price.

Buy-it-Now was a mistake. eBay should never have added it.

Comment

Sealed games are just silly now. Doesn't really affect me since games are meant to be played and I open everything I buy but I definitely think that people are making some very poor decisions with trying to collect sealed games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  There are people buying up auction copies of certain games, to try and own the bulk that tend to go up for sale, so they can list all of them for >£200. They're literally forming a cartel; trying to make sure when you go to eBay, you only see BIN games at stupid prices, and thus that becomes the price.

Buy-it-Now was a mistake. eBay should never have added it.
                  I agree very much with this statement.

I've tested it a few times myself. I've seen a bunch of BiN games going for £50 to £100 or more, even in the advanced search for "sold items" which shows actual sales. So people were hoovering these games up at £50 prices.

So I thought, let me put it on £1 no reserve. And the few times I did it they never broke the £15 barrier. Not even close. I forget what they all were now. I think PS2, Xbox, and GC games. I did this with Jet Set Radio Future. I put it up for £1 and got £16 for it. Mint condition. Yet for BiN there's like 20 copies all going for above £40. Madness. When I was at the London Games Market one buyer was almost in tears because they'd narrowly missed getting a copy for like £25, and they were saying eBay prices are too high, and I thought to myself: where the heck were you when my auction was on? Bloody £16 is all I got for it.

Weirdly, if you start these auction at £50 you get zero interest.

BiN somehow triggers the impulsivity in people and they just click Buy Now.

I hate BiN though because the insert fees are ****ing ridiculous! So I have never, ever done a BiN auction.
                  Last edited by Sketcz; 23-09-2021, 10:34.

Comment

I've just been checking prices on some PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 games. I found something interesting when I checked the bidders on a few of these games. It also shows the postage price, and despite these all being PAL games, it looks like it's Americans buying up sealed PAL games as well now.

Not sure if it's just my account showing it, but does this show £31 postage to USA?

Comment

Yeah, looks like it. So £270 all in for PS2 Half Life. Just why?

Comment

Hey now, it is sealed you know!

Half Life seems to be a £5 game (according to CeX) so that price does seem a bit rich. Bizzare. PAL collectors are something else.

Comment

It’s crazy isn’t it. I assume it’ll be getting slabbed and then they’ll be hoping to get tens of thousands for it. There were quite a few that appeared to have American shipping included.

Comment

The American retro prices have gotten insane so it was only a matter of time before it affected PAL prices as those games are all in English as well. Im just grateful that there are other solutions like everdrives and ODEs to play the games on original hardware because prices now are getting insane with people treating retro games more of a financial investment rather than to play them. Checked on ebay for Klonoa on the PS1 and that ones now going for over $600

Comment

Yeah it is pretty annoying. I was looking for a copy of Valkyrie Profile but you're not gonna get that south of £250 right now. Definitely feels like EverDrive/ODE will be the way forward for actually playing games and rarer games will become out of reach for the majority. There has been discussion here in the past about the market falling out but more than ever I don't think that is going to happen.
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 24-09-2021, 07:19.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                There has been discussion here in the past about the market falling out but more than ever I don't think that is going to happen.
                                Nah, I honestly think it will.

There are people who, during the pandemic, acquired quite retro large game collections, because they had to be indoors a lot and retrogames are comforting for many people.

But wait until this is behind us, and those people look at those shelves being taken up by PS1 games they hardly use.

Comment

Working...
                                X