Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    Prepare yourself... they are called staples.
    Yep that's a quick typo on my part, so not earth shattering news. corrected now.
    Last edited by S3M; 02-10-2021, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
      Look, when spending hundreds on old games, you want them to be stable. Why would you want them to be unstable?
      Exactly. Sealed retro games manufactured using isotopes will not be the same product when opened many years later.

On a serious note, we could say that sealed games are the Schrodinger’s Cat of retro game collecting… nobody can know if bitrot or loss of magnetic media can have taken place until the game has been opened. Therefore it remains in both a valuable and worthless state until the seal has been broken.
      Last edited by samanosuke; 02-10-2021, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        Yep that's a quick typo on my part, so not earth shattering news. corrected now.
        I think we gathered that! No need for an explanation, surely? Much less so to go back and actually correct it

Comment

For sealed titles that have an SRAM chip I think I'd be a bit cautious of the battery spoiling too.

Comment

Hey man, that's what I thought. Until it happened again a couple of sentences later. Just playing.

Comment

My aged but complete 7/10 copy of Metroid Fusion just went for €140. I started the 10-day auction at €10.

Comment

Mine too a couple of weeks back. £135 in the end, I think. It’s a good game but I’m never playing it again, and it paid for two copies of Dread.

Comment

I'll be getting two new Switch games with the cash as well, plus the two obligatory visits to McD's.

Thinking Brilliant Diamond next month and then 3D World for the kid at Christmas (after we're done with BotW, Odyssey, etc...).

I'll definitely play Fusion again, though. Probably immediately after Dread. I should have the GBA Everdrive by then. I've already got a cheap EZ-Flash IV, but feel like giving my GBA some love.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    For sealed titles that have an SRAM chip I think I'd be a bit cautious of the battery spoiling too.
                    Yes it's easy to forget many games have batteries inside, I've seen a few old computers now where the battery has leaked all over the place and damaged the board. It's worth opening up the consoles and cartridges that do have a battery to check them every once in awhile, to check they haven't leaked.

One tactic I've seen on ebay a few times now is buyers retracting bids in the last few seconds. Bad seller with multiple accounts seems to do it to bid up the price. Didn't think ebay allowed it, but some people seem to be able to do it!

Comment

Been asking £80 for this for a while but thought I'd list it on ebay for a silly price and f**k me, it sold!

The world has gone mad!

Comment

I had to share this Dreamcast with 'cosmetic mods' which is 'in excellent condition' (apart from, obviously, the cosmetic mods):

Comment

I just got the email...

Japanese Sega Dreamcast Console Japan Import System DC HKT-3000 w/ Cosmetic Mods is no longer available, Adrian
                          ... so which one of you did it?

Comment

That's hilarious that someone actually bought that.

Comment

An original empty box for the SNES game Pocky & Rocky (NTSC version)sold on eBay for £149.55.

It doesn't come with the game.
                              Doesn't even come with the instruction manual.
                              However, it does come with a box protector.

Comment

Boxes being worth more than carts isn't exactly uncommon. They're rarer after all, as silly as that seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X