Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
    And it's cheekily nearly 30 quid cheaper if you buy it direct from vgi rather than e bay

makes sense after fees, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
      makes sense after fees, no?
      Considering the eBay/Paypal fees will come to anywhere between ?60-?70, I think it's fair.

Hell, I sell stuff on here cheaper than ebay because of the fees they charge.

Comment

I've been selling a few high value items on e bay and I must admit I didn't realise the fees were so high, they must be printing money like no one else can.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
          They have been for quite a while, but they used to go by "mrwolfsacuransx".
          Yeah, Katsu mentioned awhile back they were about 99% sure VGI was selling on ebay under a different name on ebay.

Times are still tough I guess and doesn't help with genki undercutting them a lot for games in almost as good as condition. Just wish VGI would get more varity of stock in these days all they seem to get in is shooters.

Comment

I'd still buy from Lee over Genki any day.

GBA game - ?7.99 OUT OF STOCK. Emailed for a quote for another copy. ?34.99!!

Still, looking on VGI, I'm REALLY tempted for that BNIB Area 88 they have in.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radiant-Si...item3f284e85ad

I remember opening a factory sealed copy of this on release! Really should have stuck it in a drawer!
              Totally sick of seeing the hype of that particular game, very rare? my ass is, there are currently over 20 copies on ebay at this very moment & all grossly overpriced for what it is, yeah that really sounds like a rare game. At any one time you will always be able to find a copy with no problem at all, more like uncommon at best.

Anything that is actually rare i expect to hardly see any about even on daily ebay searches.

Comment

First print too.

Didn't that game only get one print?

Comment

I know its not a proper boxed copy, but isn't it on x box arcade, I'm sure it is, for a fraction of the cost of the Saturn version.

Comment

I like it when it's a Rare game. "Very rare!"

/me checks completed listings and sees loads recently sold..... For ?50-70
                    Last edited by charlesr; 07-09-2013, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                      I know its not a proper boxed copy, but isn't it on x box arcade, I'm sure it is, for a fraction of the cost of the Saturn version.
                      Yeah it came out on xbox live & i bought it to see what all the fuss was about. Average shooter with mildly interesting weapons mechanic not the masterpiece thats always been gushed over in reviews. Half of it's amazing reputation is probably from people who slammed down stupid money & are hyping the **** out of it to justify their purchase.
                      Last edited by importaku; 07-09-2013, 14:28.

Comment

I think like most of those more complicated shooters the fun comes from mastering the game.

Look at Ikaruga for example. Very simplistic gameplay but it's completely brilliant as a game and very hard to master.

Definitely wouldn't call it average off the bat.

Comment

Another super rare one is ironclad neo geo cd exclusive and that one is worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Yeah it came out on xbox live & i bought it to see what all the fuss was about. Average shooter with mildly interesting weapons mechanic not the masterpiece thats always been gushed over in reviews. Half of it's amazing reputation is probably from people who slammed down stupid money & are hyping the **** out of it to justify their purchase.
                            The amazing reputation came from buying it at a sensible import price when it came out and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Totally sick of seeing the hype of that particular game, very rare? my ass is, there are currently over 20 copies on ebay at this very moment & all grossly overpriced for what it is, yeah that really sounds like a rare game. At any one time you will always be able to find a copy with no problem at all, more like uncommon at best.

Anything that is actually rare i expect to hardly see any about even on daily ebay searches.
                              In the context of print runs however, it can be called rare? What was the print run, 10k? That's tiny compared to the vast majority of videogames. There are some massive sellers on the C64 that you don't see up for sale frequently for example. All about the supply and demand. I suppose the question to ask is, why is it being resold so often?
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What sort of print did things like Breakers and Ironclad have on the Neo Geo Cd as those 2 are still very expensive, i assume down to the low print runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X