Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playable Demo of Resident 1.5 Released Online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playable Demo of Resident 1.5 Released Online!

If you haven't been following the upcoming release of Resident Evil 1.5, a team currently in possession of the game have been injecting code into Capcom's unfinished work to make a more playable game.

One follower of the project, however, somehow got their hands on their work and attempted a quick sale via eBay. While this was quickly pulled, those restoring the game have decided to release the same version that was stolen - an unfinished demo of an unfinished game - to render any further attempts worthless.

So lucky us! If you're into video game history, Resident Evil, or prototypes in any shape or form, you might want to check this out. It works in emulators and the original hardware.

Where is the DL link?

Comment

Is this the one that's caused quite a stir in the community for years or something else?

Comment

You need to open the spoiler in that post and then at the bottom of it there is another spoiler to open. Took me about 15minutes to find it. Gonna give it a blast now though.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Sweet! Massive resi fan so I must have this. Can't wait to give it a bash.

Comment

I don't understand. This is an android game? or what?

Comment

How about clicking the link in the opening post!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  I don't understand. This is an android game? or what?
                  No, they're presumably playing it on an PS1 emulator on Android.

Videos of this leak have been floating around for a few months now, but I dismissed them. Stunned that it appears to be real.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    How about clicking the link in the opening post!
                    That sounds like a lot of work.

Comment

Basically, an 'as-is' demo has been released, but it's pretty broken. The team are working on fixing the demo by injecting code and make the everything into demo work and be playable.

So people who actually intend to play this might be better off waiting until they've finished restoring the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Is this the one that's caused quite a stir in the community for years or something else?
                        Yeah, it's that one - the one Capcom demonstrated a while before RE2 came out, then the final game ended up very different leading Capcom to admit eventually that they "started over" at one point and just kept some of the assets.

Comment

Fantastic. A decent Biohazard game at last

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
                            You need to open the spoiler in that post and then at the bottom of it there is another spoiler to open. Took me about 15minutes to find it. Gonna give it a blast now though.
                            Edit: found it now doh!
                            Last edited by SuperDanX; 18-02-2013, 19:40. Reason: Being dumb

Comment

Wow

People have waited years to play this. I remember this version being canned by capcom and then almost mythical speculation of someone having it.

Comment

Working...
                              X