Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you mod a Neo Geo Pocket Color with a GBA AGS-101 Screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you mod a Neo Geo Pocket Color with a GBA AGS-101 Screen?

Was thinking about this last night. Anyone ever tried this, or anything similar?

I was considering doing the GBA SP mod one day, but ultimate the SP screen looks washed out these days, whereas the AGS-101 screens still look awesome. An NGPC with that mood would be ace.

Definitely not.

Comment

Yeah, I had assumed it would be. Still thought it worth asking the question.

Comment

I mean, even assuming you could figure out the pinout I assume some of the display controls are built into the GBA's motherboard so you'd have no control over pixel mapping without some serious engineering. Not an amateur job at least.

Comment

It would be a travesty tbh.

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

Is it impossible though? I know people have started putting nice LCD screens in to PC-Engine GT's for example.

Comment

A Game Gear with a modern backlit LCD screen would be awesome. I suppose the problem is getting one that is electrically compatible which is the same size, resolution and aspect ratio.

Comment

Like this?

Not sure if it's an AGS-101 screen, but this guy Wiggy does all kinds of screen mods. Getting a spice GBA screen mod delivered in the next few days.

He sells the screen mods as standalone kits.

Comment

Nah, that would be a front light from a AGS-001 that sits in front of the normal NGPC screen. As stated before I performed that mod for Shozuki.

ikobo, it may be possible, just not with a AGS-101 screen. A PC Engine outputs 320x240 which is a very standard resolution compared to that of the NGPC and GBA.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                      Like this?

Not sure if it's an AGS-101 screen, but this guy Wiggy does all kinds of screen mods. Getting a spice GBA screen mod delivered in the next few days.

He sells the screen mods as standalone kits.

http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress.com/
                      I suddenly feel the need to buy a Nomad!

Comment

I bought a modded nomad with a modern LCD off Ebay a while back and it is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X