Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famicom

Would this work on a UK Crt tv?

I'm on the look-out for a famicom, but get confused which does what...

Thank you..

It would work yes, but the AV Famicom has a much better composite output.

Comment

Thank you ^ __ ^

Comment

Definatley better to look for an AV Famicom as Speedlolita says the picture is better, the system is smaller, better looking and comes with the superior dog bone controllers.

Comment

Depends on method of AV mod too. Bit finicky due to the board design compared to the AV Fami.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Definatley better to look for an AV Famicom as Speedlolita says the picture is better, the system is smaller, better looking and comes with the superior dog bone controllers.
            WRONG lol, the classic maroon look is amazing compared to the boring grey AV remake. I'll let you have the rest though as it is true

Comment

I do agree that the original machine looks better.

The pads aren't modular though, and they yellow, and the video output is pretty bad looking.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 05-03-2013, 18:51.

Comment

Wish someone would start manufacturing RGB PPU's so the originals could be modded, i have seen what the RGB mod looks like & it's truly stunning. Seems a bit harsh destroying a PC10 just for the chip. Wonder why nobody can make them nowdays?

Comment

They're hard to make supposedly. Someone was selling some NOS PPUs but they weren't cheap at all.

Comment

My Famicom arrived this morning. It was bought as AV Modded (I'm not sure exactly what that means, if anyone wants to tell me)

I've bought ten Famicom games (all here, all Jpn exclusives apart for Ninja Gaiden II)

I've been playing Kid Dracula, finally, after all these years of wanting it.

The Famicom is in nice condition tbh, the av lead has a white, red, yellow (I think them colours) and I put them into a scart block and tbh, the picture is pretty good on my sony trinitron 14" Solid colours, I really thought it would be bad.

I'm over the bloody moon.

Comment

Famicom don't have composite normally. That's what the AV mod is.

Comment

Thank you Speedy. Its my 1st ever famicom. I'm made up with it. I'm off to get back on it in a min. Thank you again

Comment

Glad you're happy with it dude.

Comment

Speedy, if anyone knows, I know you may 'puts faith in you!' if I buy the keyboard, can i type 'coded' games into it? I can't code, or speak Japanese, so it would be following from books - if you can do this?

Thank You....Dahren <3 Famicom.

Comment

I assume you mean like the older 8bit micro computers that ran BASIC back in the day. Without a certain software I don't believe so no. Quick google search leads to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X