new retro gaming shop in leeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new retro gaming shop in leeds

found a fairly new shop in Leeds, has mountains of retro, took over from arcadia the other month

called convert2cash (pawnbrokers bit is a tiny section at the back, whereas 90% of the shop is retro gaming and some dvds) by looking at the website you wouldnt think it has retro either, have hundreds of games too. Was in there earlier having a chat with them and basically everything is priced based on ebay and then they knock off 10% , decent set of guys too. I asked them and they said they would post out too

51 New Briggate, Leeds, LS2 8JD

Nice. Only an hour away from me. Might have to organise a bit of a meet up there.

Comment

Looks nice! Few popping up lately.

Comment

brilliant - go up to Leeds a fair bit as my sister lives up there so will check it out next time i'm there

Comment

lol looks just like arcadia did but a lot cleaner, pass it everyday on the bus to work. Wonder what their "ebay prices" are like? Im wondering if it's the sane kind of prices or the bat**** crazy ones where they charge ?20 for super mario bros because it's "old" & old=teh rarez on ebay.

Comment

There are a few crazy prices though, 25 for Mario on snes cart, my fave is lethal enforcers on ps1 though, has the bottom half of a case for martian gothic and still on for.35 even though I've pointed it out twice

Comment

Retro stores in the UK really look like junk shops compared to the pristine collections in a lot of places in Japan. The layout on those shelves is appalling, just looks like an old tat has been put up there. Sections guys, sections!

Is there enough of a retro market to support a solely retro shop in the UK I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                Retro stores in the UK really look like junk shops compared to the pristine collections in a lot of places in Japan. The layout on those shelves is appalling, just looks like an old tat has been put up there. Sections guys, sections!

Is there enough of a retro market to support a solely retro shop in the UK I wonder.
                Too right. Retro Shops in the UK really are junk shops unlike the cool clean quality places we have in Japan were used goods still look new. Saying that though, I bet if I never moved to Japan and still lived in the UK I'd love that place.

Comment

Not all retro shops are like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X