Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Drive 2 - Asain PAL MOD

Hi

Im thinking of picking up a Asian PAL Mega Drive 2 - Can anyone tell me , is this a multi region console ? Also is there a guide so i can get 60hz from it

Thanks

Mega Drive game region is defined by the cartridge. So you shouldn't worry about this as much I guess. I'm not sure what the region is set to on a Asian PAL machine though, possibly 50/PAL like a UK machine.

As for Hz mod it is as simple as linking two points on the motherboard.

Comment

Would you happen to know what points ? The only guides ive found are adding switches but id prefer to have a switchless 60hz mode if pos , Id only be interested in playing Jap games

Thanks

Comment

Well you'd simply have to link the points that the guide tells you to connect to the switch for the mod.

Comment

Switchless guides for other consoles via mmmonkey: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/category/switchless/

Might give you a bit of an idea how it's done. He also has a switch guide for MD2.

As I expect is detailed in said guide, the exact point will depend on which board revision you have. Different boards also feature greater and lesser sound output, I seem to recall.
          Last edited by egparadigm; 06-04-2013, 20:47.

Comment

I have one and you're right, it's just PAL/50Hz the same as you'd find here - you can use a UK power supply with them.

I followed this guide to do a switched mod on mine

Comment

Working...
            X