Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Maybe [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] can play that and give his opinion compared to the other 8 bit versions, if he has time?
    Sure, why not. But time is the issue. Maybe I'll give it a quick 10 minutes blast.

Comment

How about Crazy Taxi for a future episode?

Always enjoy watching these - thanks, as always, for doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
        How about Crazy Taxi for a future episode?

Always enjoy watching these - thanks, as always, for doing them.
        Are you suggesting "CraziTaxiNext"?

Comment

LOL dunno about that but Crazy Taxi City rush is one of the best mobile games out there I ruddy love it!!

Comment

I've thought about doing Crazy Taxi but the problem is I'd have to buy the PS2 and Game Cube versions. Actually, did start making this week's show on Monday only to find out today that Super Chase only got one port which was on the SFC. THE Japanese Mega Drive release is a different game and called Chase HQ 2 outside Japan. The game boy version is just bloody chase HQ that but that was also released earlier in the systems life as Chase HQ.

Anyway, I thought, **** it. I've made the title card so I'll just do SFC VS Arcade. Then I found out that the arcade version wouldn't emulate under MAME and had no sound under Final Burn Alpha! For ****s sake I though.

So now I've started another show all together. This game has a PC Engine, FM Towns and PC port as well as the arcade original.
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 10-12-2015, 07:12.

Comment

must be getting harder to find games for this now?

Comment

I'm surprised people are recommending Crazy Taxi. The worst version it had was for the PSP, and even that was very playable (the only real issue was that they replaced the music due to the licensing agreements having timed out with the original bands).

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                  must be getting harder to find games for this now?
                  Not really. I've still got about 50 titles on my list but I'm sure I can add to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Not really. I've still got about 50 titles on my list but I'm sure I can add to that.
                    A game you might want to have on the list is BreakThru by Data East. It came out on the Spectrum, C64, Amstrad and NES.

I remember liking the Amstrad version, but I haven't played it since then.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-12-2015, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      A game you might want to have on the list is BreakThru by Data East. It came out on the Spectrum, C64, Amstrad and NES.

I remember liking the Amstrad version, but I haven't played it since then.
                      Thanks for that. Can't say I've heard of that gam before.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Thanks for that. Can't say I've heard of that gam before.
                        Yeah, it doesn't get mentioned much, so it's one of those games lost in the mists of time. I need to go back to it, as I haven't played it since a kid, so I have no idea if it's good or not. All I remember is playing it quite a bit back in the day on my Amstrad.

Comment

A little early this week because I have to work tomorrow.

Comment

Q: How does the Splatterhouse chainsaw-hands boss wipe his bum?
                            A:

Very carefully.

Comment

I would imagine he wouldn't wipe his arse at all to add to the horror

Comment

Brill one of my all time faves, got it with my Core Grafx II from ACE what a bloody xmas day that was!

Also got Ballistix as the free game less said about that sh*te the better!

Comment

Working...
                                X