Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I have to say that for me the N64 really got the ball rolling in 16.9 and also dolby suround sound.
    I first took notice of widescreens when Sony were promoting the Wega range in the late-'90s. But I didn't play any games in 16:9 until 2001 when I finally got a Sony widescreen.

I don't think I knew that the N64 was offering 16:9 in some games. I think the first time I noticed a 16:9 option was in Ferrari F355 on the Dreamcast.

Comment

This week's show is now out.

Comment

Pleased to say that I actually got to play G-Loc on an R360. I can't remember exactly where; it was at a theme park or something, and it was ?3 per go (which was a king's ransom considering I was about 10).

The game might be quite basic and plodding, but as a complete package, the game and R360 cabinet were amazing fun. Fortunately I played it at around 11:30am, just before lunch. If I'd played it just after... Well it definitely would've been vomit inducing, even for someone like me who doesn't suffer from motion sickness.

I heard that very few of them made much money because they broke down easily and were difficult to maintain. Also, the last working model to appear in open sale was taken from the private collection of Michael Jackson.

Comment

That's cool about Jacko.

Recently picked up the Megadrive G-Loc, definitely enjoy it though its quite straight forward.

Comment

I remember playing G Loc 360 in Hamleys and being told by the operator that I had the best shot down record he had seen at the time . Have to say that while G Loc 360 was just amazing experince the basic G-Loc was just a piple of crap and shocking for a Yu Suzuki Arcade game . Will disagree with Yak on the graphics front, at the time the game look stunning (if a bit slow) with amazing visuals and a great showcase for the system 32 power

Comment

The SFC came not long after the game was released or was it before? That could do a much more impressive floor effect than G-Loc arcade. I thing that's what makes it look so lame to me. The fact a console could make a more impressive effect as far as the scrolling floor was concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                The SFC came not long after the game was released or was it before? That could do a much more impressive floor effect than G-Loc arcade. I thing that's what makes it look so lame to me. The fact a console could make a more impressive effect as far as the scrolling floor was concerned.
                That's being a bit silly I think... I mean the Lynx came out before the Snes and that could do full sprite scaling and the likes of CPS II board couldn't handle any such effects , but it doesn't mean its a lesser board. G Loc looked pretty good for me in the 90's

Comment

Still can't see it looking good to be honest. Afterburner II looks better and that's a much older game. Still, each go their own opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    I remember playing G Loc 360 in Hamleys
                    The first time I saw the G-LOC 360 machine was in the Trocadero. I was with a friend and he had a go on it, and loads of coins fell out of his pockets when he spun around.

Comment

It's Christmas Day so let's celebrate with some House of the Dead!

Comment

Saturn might look and run a bit crap, but my God to I love HOTD. Classic SEGA lightgun (nobody makes a better lightgun game) and blowing zombie heads off never gets old . Have to say the Saturn version sounded ace too , with some ace music and sound effects all coming off the the sound Chip

Comment

Classic SEGA lightgun (nobody makes a better lightgun game)
                          Sorry - Namco's GunCon games were comfortably better, and I say that as somebody who loved Virtua Cop back in the day.

The "Crisis" games and PointBlank/GunBullet are easily superior.

Comment

Sorry - Namco's GunCon games were comfortably better, and I say that as somebody who loved Virtua Cop back in the day
                            Not only do I not agree with that ( I think not only is VC a better game it's also a better and more impressive port to the home imo) . When it comes to lightgun game be that in the home or Arcades noone can touch SEGA ; The Lost World, Gunblade, Lets Go Jungle, HOTD II, 2 Spicy are for me the best lightgun games ever made.

Was gutted that the Lost World never had a DC port

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Sorry - Namco's GunCon games were comfortably better, and I say that as somebody who loved Virtua Cop back in the day.

The "Crisis" games and PointBlank/GunBullet are easily superior.
                              I'd have to disagree there. SEGA easily made the best light gun games

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                I'd have to disagree there. SEGA easily made the best light gun games
                                Nah. Not for me.

After Virtua Cop and HOTD 1-3, the quality is questionable.

The Crisis games and PointBlank for me, are better games. They are at least equal.

Comment

Working...
                                X