No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reason you didn't include the 360 arcade port Empire did?

I would class Double Dragon Neon as a different game in the series. Have to agree with ikobo, gameboy and NES version are also half decent, even if the NES version is missing two player co-op, but the rest suck balls.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
      Apart from the MD and GBA versions that's one whole load of ****e!
      God damn you! How dare you come on here and look to cause trouble! The old gameboy version is superb. The music rocks on it too!

Comment

Don't panic, I missed the / in between the B and A. I had the GB one back in the day and played it to death.

Comment

Hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            Any reason you didn't include the 360 arcade port Empire did?

I would class Double Dragon Neon as a different game in the series. Have to agree with ikobo, gameboy and NES version are also half decent, even if the NES version is missing two player co-op, but the rest suck balls.
            We don't have the 360 empire port here in Japan. There's an awful lot of Xbox Arcade which we don't get even games by Japanese devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Battle of the Ports - Double Dragon is now on YouTube. The 60fps high quality version will be up for download in a week.
              You only use the Melbourne House C64 conversion in the video, there's an another conversion by Ocean on the C64 too

(however before you get excited, it's only moderately better than the MH version!)
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Yeah, someone mentioned that on YouTube. I wasn't aware of another C64 version being out there. By the way, has anyone seen the 1989 Double Dragon game for the Amstrad CPC running? Every copy I've found goes no further than the credit role.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Im liking this port series makaimura is my fave so far, ever thought about doing wonderboy?
                  There's a very strong chance of that one happening soon These videos take a full day to make from recording the game footage, editing then adding all the text. Finally uploading to YouTube and making the 60fps version too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    We don't have the 360 empire port here in Japan. There's an awful lot of Xbox Arcade which we don't get even games by Japanese devs.
                    Sadly it was delisted a few years back, but if you can find the trial download over the internet, you can burn it to disc and your 360 will read the trial. You'll only get the trial level but it's more than enough for battle of the ports as they gave you the whole first level.

Comment

Interesting. I'll look out for that.

The fact that it was de-listed is another reason why Digital Distribution sucks ass big time. If the game was released on disc then we could still buy it now and in many years to come. Apart from "connivance", Digital Distribution has no plus points in my opinion.

Comment

whats conniving got to do with digital downloads???

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                          whats conniving got to do with digital downloads???
                          That's what happens when you type on a phone while sitting on the bog

Anyway, A new Battle of the Ports is out now !

Comment

I loved the Master System version of this, the tunes rocked. Lovely graphics too! *spins fist round for ages and then belts yakumo in the guts*

Comment

ouch.! YOU ba#@erd.

Comment

Nice work, Yakumo. I used to like the arcade game, even though it's pretty bonkers!

Did Bin and Pin ever show anywhere else after Dynamite Dux?

Comment

Working...
                                X