No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed the Speccy version BITD. I need to see if have the Amiga version it looks promising. Are you thinking about doing a SWIV video too? I know the two games are unrelated but SWIV did receive a fair few ports IIRC. Shame the MD version shares the low resolution SFC graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      It is a very good port but not Aracde perfect as so many kept telling me when they suggested I'd feature the game. It is easily one of the best Aracde to Amiga Ports I've played though. Very impressive.
      Yeah, definitely not arcade perfect, but still a great conversion considering the limitations of the host hardware. Always loved the sound effects, so meaty and bass-y, and worth losing the background music for IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        I really enjoyed the Speccy version BITD. I need to see if have the Amiga version it looks promising. Are you thinking about doing a SWIV video too? I know the two games are unrelated but SWIV did receive a fair few ports IIRC. Shame the MD version shares the low resolution SFC graphics.
        Probably not as there's no arcade version. When I run out of arcade to home ports then I'll cover it

Comment

Why is it called "Silkworm"?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Why is it called "Silkworm"?
            From what I can see online, there is no reason - so it's likely the old Japanese game cliche; it's because the name sounded cool (or maybe looks cool in Katakana).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              From what I can see online, there is no reason - so it's likely the old Japanese game cliche; it's because the name sounded cool (or maybe looks cool in Katakana).
              Yep, that's probably the only reason. It's just one of those odd Japanese Game names.

Comment

I was hoping for a better story than that!

Like Continental Circus and Donkey Kong being mistranslated.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I was hoping for a better story than that!

Like Continental Circus and Donkey Kong being mistranslated.

If only

Comment

Silkworm was the reason I wanted an Atari ST as a kid. I always used to look at it in W.H. Smith when I was buying C64 games. I've still actually never played it. I should try and give it a go somehow.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Silkworm was the reason I wanted an Atari ST as a kid. I always used to look at it in W.H. Smith when I was buying C64 games. I've still actually never played it. I should try and give it a go somehow.
                      The thing that lured me most to the ST and Amiga was that they had disk drives as standard. Feckin' hated waiting for Speccy tapes to load. And as for multiload, don't even go there!

Comment

They say you can't polish a turd or can you? Battle of the Ports - Double Dragon 3!

Comment

I remember having this on the ST and was in complete loser-denial over what a piece of junk it was because at the time it looked quite pretty. I cannot believe how many systems the bloody thing came out on, it's like some Krusty the Clown style marketing.
                          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

This made me shudder. I was hoping never to be reminded of the fact that I paid ?30 for the Gameboy version of this ****stain in 1992.

Comment

Had no idea that Double Dragon 3 Arcade was that bad. I only ever played NES Double Dragon 3 and that imo was a pretty good game despite being, as [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] points out, quite a difficult game.

The final boss in NES Double Dragon 3 was infuriating.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Had no idea that Double Dragon 3 Arcade was that bad. I only ever played NES Double Dragon 3 and that imo was a pretty good game despite being, as [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] points out, quite a difficult game.

The final boss in NES Double Dragon 3 was infuriating.
                                NES DD3 is really good but way way to hard IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X