No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the C64 version and it was fairly solid all things considered. The NES game is great but so hard as you said.

Comment

Quite a short battle this week

Comment

Nice comparison video, Yakumo. I love the Mega Drive version, it really is excellent in all areas. Also, I like the UK box art more than the Japanese version, which makes a change.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-01-2016, 13:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Also, I like the UK box art more than the Japanese version, which makes a change.
          Indeed. That was a rare case back in the 80's and 90's. Not so much these days as western boxes or at least in Europe tend to use more of the games original artwork than some macho western ugly ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            macho western ugly ****.
            I shudder at the thought of the Western box art for Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. I think I had a big poster of those monstrosities and one look at it was enough to make me hide it away from sight.

Comment

When I first saw Chelnov I thought "Oh, like Karnov?". Wasn't until later that it dawned about the "Chel" part and nuclear fallout...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

And Chelnov was a unlockable character in Fighter's History: Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu on the SNES/SFC.

Comment

Some 007 James Bond style action this week - Secret Agent otherwise known as Sly Spy.

Comment

Never heard of that game before, looked pretty good.

Comment

Ace game and great video! Sly Spy was one of my favourite C64 games and it still plays really well today.

Comment

Have to admit, I'd never heard of the arcade until the conversions came out. C64 version wasn't at all bad, but it was coming from Software Creations...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Ace game and great video! Sly Spy was one of my favourite C64 games and it still plays really well today.
                          You're right. The C64 version is very good, especially for an 8bit system.

Comment

I had the C64 version BITD and have fond memories of playing. Still never seen the original anywhere.

Comment

A little late this week - Battle of the Ports - Area 88

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                A little late this week - Battle of the Ports - Area 88

Bloody hell! Not sure why, but I didn't realise that there were that many ports of Area 88/UN Squadron!

Obviously SNES/SFC is clear victor here, and I say that as one of the very few who prefers the OG coin-op to the SNES/SFC.

Would've been nice to have seen Capcom make home ports of the pseudo-sequel Carrier Air Wing.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-02-2016, 13:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X