No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Japanese arcade game that was only ported to western computers! Dragon Breed

Comment

I remember this being not too bad on the Amiga - could be wrong though!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
        I remember this being not too bad on the Amiga - could be wrong though!
        Amiga version looks like the pick of the bunch in [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]'s video.

So basically the Dragon is an advanced version of The Force from R-Type?
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 27-02-2016, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Amiga version looks like the pick of the bunch in [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]'s video.

So basically the Dragon is an addvanced version of The Force from R-Type?
          Yeah, kind of.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Time for a new game!
            Great stuff, Mark!First time I've actually seen the C64 game in action and wow, that's terrible!Have you done games like WEC Le Mans and Continental Circus?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Have you done games like WEC Le Mans and Continental Circus?
              not yet but they will be covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                A Japanese arcade game that was only ported to western computers! Dragon Breed

I first came across this game in an arcade in Limassol, in 1991 (I think). I used to spend hours playing Golden Axe, Shinobi and Final Fight, and then the friendly owner came over to tell me he had a new game, to replace Vigilante, which nobody played. I went to have a look, and found it brilliant - a shooter with an invincible dragon to protect you.

I never saw it again after that, and I couldn't remember the whole name, but I lived in hope of finding a console port. And now the latest Battle of the Ports video has dashed that hope forever. I'd love Dragon Breed to appear in a compilation disk.

Comment

How about a show for Rush n attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                    How about a show for Rush n attack?
                    I'll add it to the.list

Comment

Cheers - will look forward to that.

Comment

EXCELLENT - The Simpsons Arcade in this weeks Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait...The Simpsons Arcade got home ports?

Comment

...DISCLAIMER: I know it got emulated on 360 and PS3 as I have it on my PS3 but didn't know it was ported to MS-DOS and C64.

Comment

Yeah, it's one of those "huh?!" moments for a lot of people heh... the C64 version was only released in the US, and was Konami's last home release for the computer. And yes, I do own a copy!

As Yakumo says, it isn't bad consider the machine limitations and what it is trying to emulate. Novotrade did have some small rep on the C64 at least, having programmed Impossible Mission II (which is a damn good sequel to a classic game), Alternative World Games (which is quite fun), Sentinel Worlds (under-rated), and the Blades of Steel conversion for Konami previously.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X