• Show
Clear All

Never released in Japan, right?

Comment

so glad you covered this one, i loved this game

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
        Never released in Japan, right?
        I don't believe it was. A shame becuase its a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          This week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at the world's first forced scrolling horizontal shooter.
          There was a half decent unofficial port on the Speccy called Penetrator. I enjoyed that way back when, a time when I was too young to appreciate the double entendre of the title.

Comment

Atari Games last ever arcade game on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Fighter's History Dynamite, also known as Karnov's Revenge is this weeks Battle of the Ports.

Comment

There are were so many poor 90's 1 on 1 fighters and this is right up there.

Comment

The worst fighting game ever on this week's Battle of the Ports!

Comment

This week we are taking a look at Robocop 3 on Battle of the Ports

Comment

This week we are taking a look at Robocop 3 on Battle of the Ports
                      Appropriate, seeing as this year is the 25th anniversary of Ocean's demise.

Looking through their back catalogue, they had an insane amount of film licensing and arcade conversions, yet I can't recall anything I ever played of theirs in the 80s and 90s that was even remotely fun to play.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-03-2023, 16:19.

Comment

Going old-school with this week's battle of the ports as we take a look at 1980's Moon Cresta.

Comment

Going old-school with this week's battle of the ports as we take a look at 1980's Moon Cresta.
                          Had no idea that Moon Cresta got ported to more modern consoles!

Nostalgia and sentimentality means that the C64 port gets my vote - one of the earliest games that I played on it with my sister.

Comment

Lol at the farting remark of the spectrum version.

I had the C64 version growing up and had fond memories of the docking and the meteors coming at you at ridiculous speeds. That moment where you narrowly pass by the meteors a couple of times and in the euphoria, you have a lapse in concentration and collide with the next onslaught.

The music is very nostalgic. I was curious when I heard about soul cresta recently, which I will try and sample when I can get my hand on a physical copy, at a decent price.

I did not know the game looped infinitely, or if I did, I must have forgot, as this game was part of my early days of home gaming. It always felt so empowering to have all three ships docked together and firing in unison.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Comment

Two weeks ago we looked at the crappy Ocean developed Robocop 3. Now it's time for the Digital Image Design Robocop 3D.

Comment

I absolutely loved this on the Amiga, but I remember struggling with it after the first few levels. I remember it coming with a little dongle you had to plug in for anti piracy that I lost for a while though!

Comment

Working...
                                X