Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniping action this week with Battle of the Ports

Comment

I played through Micro Machines a few years back (MD version) and was surprised that I somehow knew most of the level layout off by heart despite probably not playing it since 1995 or so. I blazed straight through it easy! Amazing that I know the layout to a fictional desk, but not Leeds Ring Road. It’s an alright game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
        I played through Micro Machines a few years back (MD version) and was surprised that I somehow knew most of the level layout off by heart despite probably not playing it since 1995 or so. I blazed straight through it easy! Amazing that I know the layout to a fictional desk, but not Leeds Ring Road. It’s an alright game.
        Lol, don't worry. I'm like that. I can remember the layout of a virtual gaming landscape but have no idea about areas I've visited many times in real life.

Comment

We all loved this game back in the day buy how is it now? Battle Arena Toshinden 2 on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Strap in for some fast dogfighting action with Sega's unofficial Afterburner II follow-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Strap in for some fast dogfighting action with Sega's unofficial Afterburner II follow-up.
              In a world where G-LOC and Afterburner Climax don't exist??

Comment

Afterburner Climax came out way after Sky Target and G-Loc while also could be concidered an unofficial afterburner sequal didn't feature Afterburner music. Sky Target does, well at least in remixed form.

Comment

I’ve never encountered Sky Target in an arcade, I’d looked it on the Model 2 emulator and assumed it wasn’t emulated right with the weird clipping and stuff. However I did find some footage from the real machine and the same graphical mistakes are present! Messy-looking game isn’t it? It barely looks like a Model 2 game most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Afterburner Climax came out way after Sky Target and G-Loc while also could be concidered an unofficial afterburner sequal didn't feature Afterburner music. Sky Target does, well at least in remixed form.
                    Afterburner Climax quite clearly has more in common with the original Afterburner/Afterburner II than Sky Target does.

I've not even mentioned Afterburner III on the Mega-CD, and that definitely did have the Afterburner soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      I’ve never encountered Sky Target in an arcade, I’d looked it on the Model 2 emulator and assumed it wasn’t emulated right with the weird clipping and stuff. However I did find some footage from the real machine and the same graphical mistakes are present! Messy-looking game isn’t it? It barely looks like a Model 2 game most of the time.
                      I agree. It seems to have been a rush job compared to many other Model 2 games.

Comment

Before Tekken had you controlling different limbs with buttons, there was Crazy Climber!

Comment

Back when Sega were not afraid to try something new!
                          Battle of the Ports - Panzer Dragoon

Comment

A game that used a page 3 girl in the ads!

Comment

I’ll always remember the image of Maria Whittaker more fondly than the game.

Comment

Oh wow, never thought you would do this one.
                                I had the CPC version, with a green screen So many memories!
                                Last edited by Solar; 17-06-2023, 19:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X