Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three.

Comment

Revenge of Shinobi for me - Imo its the only MD game from SEGA to come close to Mario IV perfection . Also I loved Shinobi on the MS -most prob my fav version of the game and totally agree that the MS is a much overlooked and underrated system

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Which is the one with the horse, and the jet-powered surfboard?
        I'm sure those were added in at the last min too after the game got some negative comments in CVG and Mean Machines reviews

Comment

Great video!!

Was Revenge a MegaDrive launch game?, always wondered why the first Shinobi game never came to the Megadrive!. Seemed back then Sega used to release a Master System version and a Megadrive version ie, Alien Storm, Golden Axe, MoonWalker, Outrun, but this never happened for Shinobi....or Space Harrier thinking about it, odd!

Comment

I don't know about here in the UK, but Revenge of Shinobi was out in Japan about a year after the Mega Drive launched.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

In the UK Revenge of Shinobi was a alaunch game. I actually got it with my Mega Drive before I knew the joys of NTSC gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I actually got it with my Mega Drive
                Bet firing up that bad boy was a cum in pants moment!

Comment

As a long time Amiga diehard, I cannot believe how bad that port was! That must have been the Atari ST code running without modifications. I mean the scrolling was terrible and the Amiga was amazing to do smooth scrolling with. I reckon they weren't even blitting with the blitter. And the palette was horrendous. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Comment

I could barely believe that was happening on an Amiga....for my sins I really like the pc engine version which I only got a couple of years back, I also liked the c64 version back in the day (hey I was like 10)

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      Bet firing up that bad boy was a cum in pants moment!
                      Too right it was. I remember seeing the flashing screen with the sound of thunder thinking "Games can't get better than this!" The music was epic too. Still is pretty good.

Comment

The Amiga in general is ass when it comes to arcade ports when put next to a console. IMO, the Amiga shines with it's original games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          The Amiga in general is ass when it comes to arcade ports when put next to a console. IMO, the Amiga shines with it's original games.
                          Completely agree with that, though when I was a child it seemed the closest thing. I tell you what was a complete mugging was when you picked up a box and it had the arcade versions screenshots on the back pfft!

There's a few odd exceptions like Dynamite Dux, but few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            Completely agree with that, though when I was a child it seemed the closest thing. I tell you what was a complete mugging was when you picked up a box and it had the arcade versions screenshots on the back pfft!

There's a few odd exceptions like Dynamite Dux, but few and far between.
                            But to be fair most Amiga ports were done by 2 or 3 people with no accesses to the source code or anything .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              But to be fair most Amiga ports were done by 2 or 3 people with no accesses to the source code or anything .
                              Yeah, way too many bedroom coders on the Amiga, publishers back then were too lazy to do it themselves and just handed the rights to any tom dick and harry that asked.
                              Shame really, the Amiga had potential to completely wipe out all competition.

Comment

I worked with someone who did the port of ghosts and goblins to home machines and he had the arcade board and monitor under his desk so he could use it as reference for the port...as stated earlier, no code base and assets for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X