No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguar emulators generally aren't very good.

Comment

Yakumo, I'm waiting for you to get round to doing Bubble Bobble and/or Rainbow Islands.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        It's on the list I'm trying to find a good Jaguar emulator though. Any ideas on what's best?

Ridge Racer is a good choice but how many versions of the first game are there? I know of two PlayStation versions, arcade, 2 Japanese phone versions one of which is in 16:9 and err, that's it isn't it?
        N64, DS and 3DS....

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
          Someone's already done Mortal Kombat Trilogy, surprised at the amount of people doing port battle videos, I find them quite boring unless they cover all the extra content and changes between versions.

Note that I only suggested MK1 as that was ported everywhere (not necessarily the case for the sequels) and is more historically relevant as it was the first truly popular SF2 alternative.

MK Trilogy is, to all intents and purposes, just a premium version of MK3.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-11-2014, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
            N64, DS and 3DS....
            I think that Yakumo is referring to ports of the original arcade Ridge Racer.

Ridge Racer 3D is a different game of sorts and the less said about the N64 and DS games the better - they are Ridge Racer in name only.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
              N64, DS and 3DS....
              Well, Ridge Racer 64 was a new game in the series rather than a port of Ridge Racer, perhaps more of a 'remix' of the early RR games but still not a port. Ridge Racer DS was just watered-down port of Ridge Racer 64. And Ridge Racer 3D was a remix of elements of Ridge Racers 6 and 7, certainly not based on the original Ridge Racer directly.

Comment

A new Battle of the Ports is out now - Sega Touring Car Championship

Comment

Cool tunes

Comment

I don't think I'll ever get tired of eurobeat. I know you can probably emulate this quite well now but i wouldn't mind tracking down the PC version.

Comment

I bought my PC versions from Yahoo Auctions but had to fine the Direct 3D patch on line.

Comment

Yeah there's a few copies on eBay as well, seems it's still easy to track down.

Comment

the budget uk release works fine on Windows 7, can be had for a pound.

Comment

How about a BotP on Altered Beasts?

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                              How about a BotP on Altered Beasts?
                              That's also on the list The current list of shows I will be covering stands at 50 odd titles but there's also another list of titles I'm considering which Mortal Kombat was part of but now has jumped to the top of the list for the next show Not looking forward to playing so many versions of a game I don't like though

Comment

You have a problem with MK? Altered Beast is a truly dreadful game though.

Comment

Working...
                                X