No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've yet to write the text bar I will do that tonight after my birthday tea but will I be sober enough to follow the spell checker actually, the Toki show shouldn't have had any spelling errors in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      I've yet to write the text bar I will do that tonight after my birthday tea but will I be sober enough to follow the spell checker actually, the Toki show shouldn't have had any spelling errors in it.
      It does.

And happy birthday!
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-11-2014, 23:49.

Comment

Thanks dude. Bummer about the spelling errors though. I bet the next video will have some too even though I do use a spell checker on word.

Comment

Well, there were a few issues with YouTube encoding the video but after 15 hours it's finally gone live.

Battle of the Ports - Raiden. And yes, it is pronounced Rai-den, not Ray-den

Comment

I've never really gone in for arranged versions of game soundtracks, though I understand why/how they came about thanks to the advent of CD as a console gaming format.

OST should be used over Arranged everytime unless hardware makes it a no-no. That's why PS1 port pips the FM Towns port for me - more faithful to the coin-op.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-11-2014, 14:12.

Comment

Some are really good although I do find most Neo C D soundtrack to be pretty poor compared to the ori ginal NEO chip audio.

Comment

For those who've not seen it yet, Battle of the Ports - Altered Beast

Comment

Spectrum, what were you thinking. Such a pile of ****.

Comment

The nasties on that Master System version are so cute.

Comment

I love the way the zombies seem to be jiving towards the player in the Spectrum one.

I quite like this game - I can see its faults, but the charm does work on me. It was so irritating when one of the white two-headed dogs got past you, and it was very easy to let that happen.

Comment

Oh man, trying to get the two headed white dogs on any of the home computer ports is a right pain in the arse thanks to the piss poor AI not choosing kick when it's obvious you want to kick the dog.

Comment

Ha ha ha! Yes! You go to kick the dog, so you do a crouch kick and you kick the sky!

I actually like Altered Beast, but I think that was mainly the transformation animations.
                          Who wouldn't want to turn into a monster after eating giant glowing pearls that you kicked out of two-headed dogs?

Comment

Stamps feet impatiently, glares at calendar, shouts in an unsubtle voice "I wonder what day it is".

Or, to put it another way, looking forward to the next BOTP.

Comment

Sorry dude. This Saturday I released a new Retro Core but there will be a new Battle of the Ports coming on Monday or Tuesday. This weeks game will be from Namco.

This weeks video - Retro Core 5 - Volume 4 - Vertical shooters

Comment

Sod the games, where did you get your t-shirt? I want one

Comment

Working...
                                X