No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it came from the Japanese clothing chain, Uni Qlo. I know there's a Uni Qlo in London so maybe there's some around the country?

Comment

A few days late - Battle of the Ports - Rolling Thunder - Show #45 (60fps)

Don't forget to check out the new Retro Core as well in 60fps - http://youtu.be/pjVDPb57og8?list=UUQ..._EUEldsFhmW_TQ

Comment

remember playing that on my amiga,, it didn't seem that slow back then! but it was still s***!

*when did this site get a swear filter?

Comment

I LOVE Rolling Thunder!
          I've just had a sneaky peak with the sound off because I'm at work, but I can hear the music, gunshots and "Argh!" sounds in my head! Shinobi took the crown a year later by adding the ability to jump shoot and ninja magic, but the atmosphere was great in this.

The multicoloured Ku Klux Klan guys and their goblin leader with the sinister laugh on the attract mode were a great enemy and the soundtrack was a funky spy theme that's really catchy.

Thanks, Yakumo!

Slightly off-topic, there's a NES hack that uses a Perfect Dark theme...

Comment

Hehe, I've got to check out that NES hack.

Comment

Ah, Rolling Thunder. Whenever I haven't played it for ages, I start to think that it was fun, and then I start playing it again and hate it again after a few seconds.

Looking forward to a watch of this.

Comment

Not often the Spectrum comes out top in the home computer ports. Loved the walking animation of the main character in the C64 version.

Enjoyed watching that - thanks.

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Rolling Thunder really wasn't much cop anyway.

The sequel was a better game.

Comment

Indeed. Rolling Thunder 2 was much better but for a 1986 title it's not too bad.

Comment

Another great vid. What was going on with the music on the Amiga version though? For once I think the ST version has the better audio, at least the BGM was fully there.

Comment

The Amiga version seems to sampling the arcade audio. I don't like the ST sound though. To me it seems really cheap like a poor 8 bit console.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Indeed. Rolling Thunder 2 was much better but for a 1986 title it's not too bad.
                            At the risk of being pedantic, we got OutRun in 1986...

Comment

Yeah but Out Run ran on high end hardware and made by Yu Suzuki, a guy who was well ahead of his time in game design. Compared to other standard 2D side scrollers it's not too bad.

Comment

That's like comparing apples and sausages!

I know I've put a lot more hours and money into Rolling Thunder.

Comment

Working...
                                X