Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new Battle of the Ports - Bionic Commando

Comment

It's a shame that the NES/GB versions aren't featured in this BotP episode (for the reasons you already explained, Yakumo).

NES Bionic Commando has the best soundtrack of the lot. That's not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Maybe I'll feature it on an episode of Retro Core.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          NES Bionic Commando has the best soundtrack of the lot. That's not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.
          Heh, tough, the C64 soundtrack is the nuts, especially levels 3 and 4. Everything Follin touched on the C64 was gold
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            Heh, tough, the C64 soundtrack is the nuts, especially levels 3 and 4. Everything Follin touched on the C64 was gold
            Still inferior to the NES soundtrack. And considerably so.

Comment

I've not really paid much attention to the NES soundtrack. I'll have to give it a listen. I do like the C64 tunes though.

Fans of the super high quality HD 60fps downloads will be happy to know that I have added 9 more videos to the official site - http://www.segagagadomain.com/botp/botp-menu1.htm

You can get all the videos much sooner (2 to 3 months sooner) by suporting the show though via Patreon. My page is here - http://www.patreon.com/bofp

Thanks

Comment

I'd be very interested to see a show about Parodius (Parodius da).

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                  I'd be very interested to see a show about Parodius (Parodius da).
                  This.

Comment

Maybe you can read the future? Spent today pissing around with the MSX version. The next show will be a Game by TAD Corporation but after that will be the Konami goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      The next show will be a Game by TAD Corporation
                      Cabal.

Has to be, surely?
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-12-2014, 20:25.

Comment

Yep and what a ****ty time I had playing that multiple times. The Amiga and ST versions look nice though.

Comment

Played Cabal quite a bit in the arcade (local market had a coin-op) and I thought the C64 version was pretty handy. Obviously waiting to hear your verdict

Comment

There are two C64 versions. One is quite nice for what it is while the other isn't as good. Halfway through making the Parodius show now. I've decided not to include the MSX version since its actually a different game not based upon the arcade.

Comment

Ah, didn't actually realise there for once. Like pretty much all UK vs US versions, it's the UK version that's better I'm guessing, and the one I played.

Comment

I'll say this much: The NES port of Cabal is/was a lot better than I thought it would be. I'd argue that it stands up favourably alongside the home computer ports.

Makes you wonder why 1990's Blood Bros. (basically the spiritual sequel to Cabal - Cabal in the Wild West) didn't get the home port treatment...

Comment

Working...
                                X