No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Battle of the Ports - Super Hang-On.

Comment

Great fun. I often have a go on this on the GBA. Can't finish Europe though.

Comment

Yakumo why aren't you using the turbo button in Super Hang-On ? . Other than I have to say the Mega Drive wins out for me - Loved the game at the time and thought it's consumer mode was brilliant and started to lay the foundations for the likes of GT and so on

Comment

Because I'm really bad at Super Hang-On so I don't want to go faster

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Because I'm really bad at Super Hang-On so I don't want to go faster
            Well that's why you'll never be good at the game, to get anywhere in it you need the Turbo button and its one of the main selling points of the game . Still for my money the best bike game ever made

Comment

Super Hang-On is a fine game. Gotta say that I love the 3D Classics version on the 3DS - so, so, smooth. Probably my pick of the bunch even though it isn't covered in this BotP.

I will always feel like the MD version could've and should've been better than it was - much like all the other MD ports of classic Sega games. So, so slow.

But for some reason, I prefer the original Hang-On overall. It feels like the lack of turbo button means that more skill is required to navigate tighter turns.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-01-2015, 16:00.

Comment

Fun fact (apologies if you already knew): The music for the parts shop in MD Super Hang-On is the music for the shop from Fantasy Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Well that's why you'll never be good at the game.
                  That's OK I'm not really a big fan of bike games but I can see the attraction to them. My fave would probably by Manx TT.

Hehe, yep the Fantasy Zone music does feature in the shop sections.

I feel that if Super Hang-On was ported to the MD a year later it could have been so much smoother. The graphics are already close to the arcade so it's just a matter of better frame rate and beefing up the audio a little.
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 18-01-2015, 22:48.

Comment

Speaking of games that you're not really a big fan of, Yakumo...when's the Mortal Kombat BotP episode coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Yakumo why aren't you using the turbo button in Super Hang-On ? . Other than I have to say the Mega Drive wins out for me - Loved the game at the time and thought it's consumer mode was brilliant and started to lay the foundations for the likes of GT and so on
                      Did it? How? I've not really played it much myself and that interests me.

Just seen the video and Yakumo explained it !

And yes. MK please!
                      Great video again!
                      Last edited by nakamura; 19-01-2015, 00:07.

Comment

I actually prefer Super Hang On to Outrun, I think. Like both though.

Comment

You guys really want to see Mortal Kombat don't you. Seriously though, I can't stand the series so I won't have a clue what I'm doing. I will cover MK when I have a few days off work. That's a big one so I'll need extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                            I actually prefer Super Hang On to Outrun, I think. Like both though.
                            I love Super Hang-on its an instant adrenaline rush of a game (more so when the Turbo kicks in) with a thumping soundtrack that give the player a instant buzz – like a classic shooter in many ways.

Did it? How? I've not really played it much myself and that interests me.
                            It had a super (sorry for the pun) deep original mode - Where you had to sign up a mechanic , get sponsorships and compete in races to win prize money that could be used to upgrade virtually every part of your bike and sign up better mechanics and so on: For the time it was increabilly deep and way ahead of its time loved it when my mechanic said 'This bike runs like a firecracker'

Such a shame SEGA never brought out a updated version to the Mega CD with Arcade perfect music and maybe some scailing
                            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 19-01-2015, 09:15.

Comment

I'm actually playing it right now and it's excellent! I was never a huge fan but finally it's clicked.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X