No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works ok Mark, another cool episode. I was going to ask where the speccy verion was then i remembered it only got as far as a demo.

Comment

Yeah, the speccy version was never completed

What link did you use to embed the video? The normal URL?

Comment

I just put this HyLQutPWVxQ in between the youtube tags. [you tube]HyLQutPWVxQ[/youtube] just remove the space in the youtube i just did that so the tags will show up on the site..

This was your original link (well most of it as i cut the beginning bit out), you just needed the bit between the = and the & symbol.
        watch?v=HyLQutPWVxQ&feature=youtu.be
        Last edited by importaku; 21-03-2015, 09:19.

Comment

Odd, it never used to be like that. Looks like YouTube did change the share link format. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I tend to just do it manually instead of the automatic share linking as that screws up.

Comment

Yeah, I was unaware directly that the game didn't get Spectrum or Amstrad versions, it just had Amiga and C64. Another win for the Commodore machines

(and having played the C64 version a fair bit back in the day, it still holds up well imo)
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Interesting to see one without a "stinker" version. Every one of those seemed very playable in its own way.

Comment

Once again, pure class, and I always get a cheesy grin on when you post a new vid, and that's rare on YouTube these days for me. I always reckoned that game was one of the nicest lookers on MD (very 'arcade') and transcended the limited colour palette of the machine, same way Truxton did. Surprised by C64 version too, looks really playable!

PS: Shadow Dancer deffo came out on Amiga, I deffo played it on pirate back in 1992 or thereabouts though can't confirm if it got a retail release. Wasn't brilliant, choppy, but big sprites iirc.

Comment

I take that as a hint to do Shadow Dancer

Comment

You know you want to

Comment

OK, I'll add it to the list. Maybe the next show or maybe not. Bubble Bobble keeps getting mentioned these days.

Comment

Count me in for a Shadow Dancer BotP episode!

Comment

Does anyone know why Sega released a completely Shadow Dancer game for the Mega Drive?

Same for ESWAT. Are the arcade versions too simple for repeat plays?

Played Shadow Dancer to death!

Comment

I love these vids too. The New Zealand Story was my fav so far though I am waiting patiently for Mr. Heli.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Does anyone know why Sega released a completely Shadow Dancer game for the Mega Drive?

Same for ESWAT. Are the arcade versions too simple for repeat plays?

Played Shadow Dancer to death!
                                I guess it's because the arcade Shadow Dance wasn't all that good. I much prefer the Mega Drive release. Not sure why ESWAT was changed though.

Ah, Mr. Heli I'll add it to the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X