No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this in the aracdes - very cheap though. And why is it that ninjas can kick ass on everyone and everything but a busy street full of traffic is too much to handle...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
      Loved this in the aracdes - very cheap though. And why is it that ninjas can kick ass on everyone and everything but a busy street full of traffic is too much to handle...
      Haha, yep. I guess Ninjas don't learn the green cross code at school

Comment

I seem to remember the stick in the arcade had a button on the top to make pulling off throws correctly easier.

Quick check online and seems I was right:

TECH: The board will run happily with a standard 8-wayjoystick and three buttons, though it's slightly easier to control with the "proper" joystick which has the "grab" buttonbutton 1 on top.

Comment

Yep, it did have a button on the stick. Someone on my channel mentioned that too.

Comment

Trouble throwing/grabbing on the Lynx version there, Yaku? IIRC you have to use one of the option buttons.

Comment

Ah, that would explain it.

Comment

New week, new show

Comment

Master system version is still the best, although i do like the music for adventure island on the famicom. Cheers for finally getting around to wonderboy Mark.

Comment

No problem but it seems this show was doomed. For some unknown reason the Battle of the Ports logo on the title screen ended up being tinny. The end credits have an error where the music tracks are mentioned. They were changed but for some reason they reset back to the previous shows settings. I wonder if these issues are down to Windows 10?

Comment

I've always been the gamer in my family, but my sister has always been amazing at Wonderboy.

10p would last her ages and not need to play anything else. She knew all the secrets, barely took a hit and kept the skateboard for ages!

I've shared your video on her Facebook page and she loves it!

Comment

Easy win for the MS version . Love the game , one of the best platform games and one of all time fav games ever made . Loved Christmas day when I got my MS along with this game (as well as others) and me and brother just played Wonderboy untill 3am in the morning .

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I've shared your video on her Facebook page and she loves it!
                          Cool, that's great! Happy she enjoyed seeing all new f those Wonder Boy versions.

Comment

Another vote for the MS port being the best.

That said, I've got a soft spot for the Game Gear port and, funnily enough, the ZX Spectrum port as that was actually the first home port of Wonder Boy that I ever played.

Comment

I loved the Master System port as a kid. I would play it endlessly. I even completed it which I'm sure I'd have a very hard time doing these days.

I used to love the stage that had volcanos blasting rocks at you from the background. I remember running to tell my dad that it was 3D, hahaha.

Comment

Btw if you ever get around to doing BotP against Commando or Ghosts 'n Goblins, then I really, really stress you use these C64 versions instead as the basis for comparison

Commando - http://csdb.dk/release/?id=137173
                                Ghosts 'n Goblins - http://csdb.dk/release/?id=139257
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X