Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
    Final Fight, Double Dragon or Shinobi I'm picking...
    good shout with those, plenty of conversions made of them.

been done by others but Street Fighter 2 (and its incarnations) woud be good to see done properly

hows about
    Joe and Mac?
    Gradius?

Comment

Joe & Mac, is on the cards but Gradius isn't for now. I don't think it has enough ports. Other games in the pipe line are Chase HQ, The New Zealand Story and Strider.

Comment

Good vids Mark, especially enjoyed the GnG one
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Joe & Mac, is on the cards but Gradius isn't for now. I don't think it has enough ports. Other games in the pipe line are Chase HQ, The New Zealand Story and Strider.
          The New Zealand Story is a flat out win for the Master System. It's better than even the MD or PCE versions.

Comment

I'd be very interested in a BotP for Caveman Ninja. I always championed the SNES/SFC port but it could be argued that the MD/Genesis port was closer to the coin-op.

Comment

MD was certainly closer from what I played. Both are decent in their own right.

Comment

snes graphically was really good, but not having the wind up/larger projectiles really annoyed me, even the nes had those! didn't even know the Mega Drive had a conversion untill a month or so ago! been trying to get a copy since.

Comment

SNES ran at a choppy 30fps also. Looks a bit ropey at first but plays a fun game.

Comment

The SFC game is not a direct port though.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Probably because they couldn't get it running.

Comment

They just keep coming! Battle of the Ports - Final Fight

Official site version coming in a few days along with a 60fps version.

Comment

Decent video.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 30-08-2013, 05:12.

Comment

Had they added another 4mbit to the SFC cart, it could have at least had all the content. Poor programming for lack of two player also. Poor show.

Comment

MCD version for me. I know it's slightly slower than the arcade and suffer's from the MD's muddy palette, but f*ck me the soundtrack is jawsum.

Comment

Awesome stuff! I really enjoyed the GBA version for the Alpha versions of Guy and Cody with the added dialogue before the boss fights.

Comment

Working...
                                X