• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe no one listens to you? 😛

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Maybe no one listens to you? ��
      Maybe you read what people post a little more ?

Comment

But I wasn't part of the Mercs conversation.

Comment

Sorry, but It was

but the Sharp at the time was a high end pic and cost loads more than either the MD or the Snes it was a given that due to the power and memory the X68000 was going to have the better port compared to those systems ,. Iooking over that I think you over play the 3 player mode on MERCS even on the Saturn or PS I didn't know of many people that have a multi tap and I'm not a massive fan of 2 player modes in shooters it just tends to add to more slowdown and more confusion on screen for the home consoles at the time

I always liked MERCS more on the MD myself
          http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/1...-Ports/page118

Comment

Ok guys, let's move on from the Mercs saga. We all have our own opinions. I love the MD version too but can see why others would prefer the arcade or Capcom Generation 4 version. As mentioned, I own both because they both kick arse in their own way!

Next Battle of the Ports will be an American arcade game with only 1 console port and a few home computer ports. What could it be? It's a polygon game if that's any help.

Comment

Hard Drivin?

I put a lot of money into that arcade game.

Comment

Steel Talons?

Comment

I had no idea Steel Talons had any home versions! Well you learn something new every day etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    I had no idea Steel Talons had any home versions! Well you learn something new every day etc...
                    It came out on both the Snes and MD and it can't be HD as that's been done and also came out on more than 1 console . Its not somthing like Mace The Dark Age ?

Comment

Stun Runner?

Comment

Gradius has it

Comment

Only played Stun Runner once in the arcade, didn't really enjoy it. Never played any ports.

I liked a lot of the Atari stuff that came just before this like Xybots and Escape from the Planet of Robot Monsters. There was a tank game I like too, can't remember the name of that. Edit. Remembered it was Vindicators
                          Last edited by Gradius; 14-07-2015, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                            Only played Stun Runner once in the arcade, didn't really enjoy it. Never played any ports.
                            As I said earlier, STUN Runner isn't that significant a title, but I suspect Yakumo will do it because it was an interesting game that was well-known for having crap home ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              I said I wasn't part of it. Oh the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                The Arcade was designed to handle 4 players , that was cut as was the graphics compared to Arcade version . Final Fight on the Snes not only was missing loads it didn't even feature a multi player and yet for many they didn't care , it was closest most people were ever going to get to play the Arcade game in the home at the time . Mercs was perfeclty playable in single player mode and for many at the time in the home the MD version was the closest you and the best you could get in the home . Speed King the Coin Up was desgined to be played in a motion Cab , they was no hope of the PS being able handle that, much less its graphics.

And having more powerful hardware helps... No matter the skill of the team and their code , The DC would always be better to handle Model 2 ports to that of the Saturn. The Saturn and PS far better than the MD or the Snes to handle CP2 ports . The likes of Slam Masters was always going to look better on the Marty than on the Snes, or Street Fighter Alpha II look better on the Saturn compared to the Snes .
                                Point missed yet again.

Once more with feeling...Whether Mercs is perfectly playable on the MD in single-player is beside the point, full stop.

The ORIGINAL game was meant to be played multiplayer. Ergo, the MD port is lacking a key feature of what was in the ORIGINAL game. End of. It's really that simple, no matter how much you try to spin and/or justify it.

Comment

Working...
                                X