No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BOTP is out. Hope you don't mind me posting a link Yakumo.

I was surprised to see how good the Amstrad version looks. I mean, really surprised. They did a great job there even if the rest of the game doesn't stack up.
    Last edited by Cepp; 01-08-2015, 14:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      New BOTP is out. Hope you don't mind me posting a link Yakumo.
      No worries. Just popped on to add the link myself You're right about the Amstrad version. That's a real surprise.

Comment

It's 39 degrees out today but that doesn't stop me bringing you a new Battle of the Ports!

Comment

For Thunderblade, the ports can never re-create the best thing about the arcade machine - the mechanical cabinet. Glad you mentioned it.

I always found the actual game novel, but not great.

Comment

It's not one of Sega's best games, that's for sure but as an arcade kick it was good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              It's not one of Sega's best games, that's for sure but as an arcade kick it was good fun.
              Thought it was pretty rubbish the in Arcades myself (looked great though) ,even the full sit down Cab wasn't that special as it wasn't hydraulic at all . Also Yak I don't agree with you in the PC Eng port looking better , I find the 3D sections on the MD to look better plus there's effects like Parallax clouds which the PC Eng doesn't do

Comment

We all have our own opinions and I respect yours. Personally I do think the PC Engine looks nicer overall. It certainly plays better.

Comment

In the first Double Dragon, they gut-punch and abduct the girlfriend, but in the intro to this, they just machine gun her down! Harsh! :O

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    We all have our own opinions and I respect yours. Personally I do think the PC Engine looks nicer overall. It certainly plays better.
                    I like the effect of the buildings in the PC Eng (top down view) at least it tries to look like the Arcade in those parts , but overall I don't think the PC Eng Ver.

Comment

I have fond memories of the Mastersystem version. It was the first video game I ever bought and I spent many hours playing it back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        In the first Double Dragon, they gut-punch and abduct the girlfriend, but in the intro to this, they just machine gun her down! Harsh! :O
                        Wrong video dude that was last week's video. This week is Thunder Blade.

Comment

I can't keep up, you're so productive!

Comment

If you hadn't twigged Yak from the graphical style, Thunderblade was by the same guy who converted Power Drift, Ghosts 'n Goblins AND Commando
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

PC Engine are we talking about or Amiga?

Comment

The C64 here, given you mentioned Chris Butler, had wondered if the name had stuck in your head heh...
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X