No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master System for me as that's the version I grew up with and played to death. Me and 3 of my mates used to mitch off school to play this gem of a game

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      I think Amiga fans are getting a bit pissed of with my bashing of the games

If the Amiga were a car, this is what I'd do to it after playing all the terrible arcade ports. So, as someone who loves the Amiga, I certainly don't mind you bashing all the terrible ports the machine was inflicted with.

Comment

Item Arcade Classics for PS1 has an arcade perfect version of Spartan X. You even get access to the dip switches.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I won't be covering the PSX version since its a port of the Irem MSX collection for Saturn and there for identical or will I feature it just to keep everyone happy hmm, I think I probably will.

Comment

Ahh monster land, the music on the first level takes me right back when i hear it. That game is hard as nails though, the slippery jump is a pain to master, getting kncked back in mid air is a pain too. Still never beaten that game.
            Last edited by importaku; 21-09-2015, 08:53.

Comment

Roadblasters!

Comment

I'd never noticed before how much the ship that drops off the power-ups looks like something from STUN RUNNER.

Comment

MD version is good, as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I'd never noticed before how much the ship that drops off the power-ups looks like something from STUN RUNNER.
                    Probably because it is this game uses the same speech style as Stun Runner too.
                    [MENTION=2019]baad bwoy[/MENTION], yep the MD version is pretty good.

Comment

I have the Lynx version of this - it's sometimes good for a quick play, but it doesn't last long before I get fed up.

As with so many Spectrum games, the actual graphics aren't too bad but for the fact that so many things have to be the same colour. Just the car being green instead of the striking red colour of the other versions really detracts from the visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
                        MD version is good, as I remember.
                        It is pretty impressive when playing it at full speed. I had the Genesis version on a PAL MD back in the day and wasn't so impressed but in hindsight it was actually a very good convo of maybe not a particularly great game.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          It is pretty impressive when playing it at full speed. I had the Genesis version on a PAL MD back in the day and wasn't so impressed but in hindsight it was actually a very good convo of maybe not a particularly great game.
                          Perfectly said.

Comment

At least you dissed the C64 version, it wasn't very good this time...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Yep, the C64 version is pretty poor.
                              Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              At least you dissed the C64 version, it wasn't very good this time...

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                It was a stunning port, back in the day I used to think it was Arcade perfect some of the best illusion of scaling I seen on the MD . Atari were ace in the Arcades back in the day .

Comment

Working...
                                X