Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you who hates Road Blasters.

Turbo!

Anyone remember the Matchbox cars tie-in with this game?

Comment

80s toy ads were great.

Comment

Any chance of some more Irem games? Mr Heli or Dragon Breed received a few home conversions.
        Last edited by Gradius; 28-09-2015, 17:02.

Comment

Nice one, Yakumo. I really enjoyed all the Road Blasters comparisons.

It makes me angry to see how poor the Amiga version is as the machine could definitely run a decent port. The ST version being faster and smoother probably isn't down to the little bit of extra CPU power, but more to do with it being developed for the ST. The Amiga version must be another lame ST to Amiga port.

Whoever made the C64 version did a really bad job, as it looks like it's hardly moving. At least the Amstrad version has some speed and looks good, so my good memories of it were correct.

I wish I had bought the Mega Drive version back in the day, as it's an excellent port. I will be picking up a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
            Any chance of some more Irem games? Mr Heli or Dragon Breed received a few home conversions.
            Dragon breed only came to a few Euro home computers. Funny that you should mention that game. Been toying with covering that for many months. I'll add Mr. Heli to the list.

The next Irem game to be covered will be Spartan X / King Fu Master. Just playing through the versions now. It won't be the next show though. That's going to be a polygon game.

Comment

Have you done Renegade yet? That might be a good 'un if you haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                Have you done Renegade yet? That might be a good 'un if you haven't.
                Nope, but I do remember playing the Master System version last year. Maybe that was for a Retro Core show. I'll add it to the list.

Comment

Nice one! Yeah, as well as the 8-bits it came out on Amiga too, know it was a Kunio-kun game in Japan but not sure what home formats it came out on out of PAL-land?

Comment

No worries, I can find out. I know it's also on the Famicom.

Comment

Battle of the Ports - Dead Or Alive

Comment

One thing about DOA Arcade is how much like VF2 it sounds also. It's like they used all of the same midi instruments.

It is interesting it went so far as a series. I remember the first shots that had Leifang, in a blue cheongsam dress, fighting Hayabusa in navy with that Chinese backdrop... It honestly looked like a very amateurish VF2 clone in those stills.
                        Last edited by Asura; 03-10-2015, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I remember the first shots that had Leifang, in a blue cheongsam dress, fighting Hayabusa in navy with that Chinese backdrop... It honestly looked like a very amateurish VF2 clone in those stills.
                          Do you have a link to those shots. I'd love to see this in the early stages.

Comment

Easy win for the Saturn version

It honestly looked like a very amateurish VF2 clone in those stills.
                            I still have the Sega mag with those shots I thought it looked good even back then

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Do you have a link to those shots. I'd love to see this in the early stages.
                              Sadly, I don't - it'll have been either Sega Saturn Magazine or CVG - probably CVG, as I recall the print quality being poor.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              I still have the Sega mag with those shots I thought it looked good even back then
                              You think so? We might not be talking about the same images. I think it was just that they picked two characters who, in a thumbnail image, looked very like VF2 characters (Pai Chan and Kagemaru) on a background that looked very like Pai's backdrop. It made it look like a weird knock-off.

Comment

Sadly, I don't - it'll have been either Sega Saturn Magazine or CVG - probably CVG, as I recall the print quality being poor.
                                It was also in Maximum too , I still think it looked good back then, here's the Sega Mag shots

[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X