Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games you own(ed) that you didn't know were rare until you looked on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games you own(ed) that you didn't know were rare until you looked on ebay.

Thought this subject would be interesting if anyone has some stories to tell where you may have had games you own or owned that you didn't know were rare until you checked ebay or somebody told you. Like the next geek I know my stuff when it comes to rare games - but you can't know about every rare game.

I went to a car boot sale last week and found a guy on a stall selling all his PS1 games for 10p each. He had 16 games and one was FF6, so I thought for ?1.60 I might as well have the lot. When I got home I checked online at what I had and found digimon that was rare. Not being a fan of the games I put it on ebay and got over 25 quid for it on an auction! Not bad to say it cost me 10p and I only bought it because of the price.

I've been going most weekends now and if you can drag yourself out of bed early enough and get there for 6.30 you can get some right bargains. I keep most stuff but anything else goes on ebay for a bit of extra pocket money.

Expensive doesn't mean that an item is rare.

Comment

Been selling all my stuff actually - but a story is Castlevania SotN for the PS1 - picked up in a bargain bin at Dixons for ?9.97 brand new. Still got that copy - but played to death.

tbh I'm selling everything now - except Resident Evil, Castlevania and Fighting game stuffs...

Comment

I had Hagane on the SNES years ago, never liked it and sold it back in 2001 on ebay for ?5.00 I think. Seen copies go for silly money these days. But I've come to the conclusion that most of the rare games that command silly money are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
          I had Hagane on the SNES years ago, never liked it and sold it back in 2001 on ebay for ?5.00 I think. Seen copies go for silly money these days. But I've come to the conclusion that most of the rare games that command silly money are ****.
          Lol, I kinda see what you mean - for example Castlevania Vampire's Kiss isn't the best 'vania by a long shot, but judging by the price you'd assume otherwise... I'm a sucker for Castlevania though...

Comment

I bought terragiama boxed for ?8 in Grainger games many moons ago. Best bargain I ever got, think I swapped it for a dreamcast game at the time

Comment

Was trying to sell assault rigs (Saturn) here for ?1.50 and got ?21 on eBay and the guy has already paid

Just put it down to eBay craziness

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
                Yeah, just look at Twin Snakes!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Yeah, just look at Twin Snakes!
                  Lol absolutely, dreadful version...

Comment

I had a copy of conkers bad fur day, for years I never knew it was rare but then I looked on the box & there it was the big R logo

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

What a beautiful thread...11 posts of enjoyment and fascination. I paid ?80 for my vampires kiss. The game is great as a stand-alone. Don't play before or after super cvIV is all, also this applies to this forum, rondo, paid ?80 for that also, with obi.

Castlevania died on PS3.

Comment

I got twin snakes and zoe2 from my indie. 2 for a fiver. This was back when zoe2 was still going for silly money on ebay. I didn't know either were rare when I bought them.

Comment

I think a game doesn't necessarily need to be rare to fetch a decent price, it just needs to have cult status. That's why some really common games seem to fetch quite a decent price (Final Fantasy, Shenmue etc.), as well as some rather average games that have simply developed a cult following.

Comment

I will have to check eBay for all of my games, don't really care about rarity/how expensive they are. I too got Twin Snakes and ZOE2 for cheap, and I think the Fire Emblem games (GBA, GC, Wii) go for a decent amount of money.

Comment

Working...
                              X