Brining retro to the masses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brining retro to the masses

Well, not the masses - but I did bring my SFC into work. A lot of people here have never played on a SNES so we've been having lunchtime gaming sessions in the tv room. Think i'm getting a few converts

Keep fighting the good fight!

I've never brought old games into work myself but we had old consoles and games brought in and got good sessions going. 1 guy was a hardcore PC guy who only played the newest stuff and had no time for old games.

After showing an interest in us playing 4 player Mario Tennis on the N64 he finally had a go and was hooked. He played some emulators of the N64 but slowly came to the realisation that there's something for multi-player with the original hardware. Soon that elitism faded and he became a proper, well rounded gamer.
    Last edited by Wools; 13-11-2013, 14:38.

Comment

Always wanted to do this.

We have a 21" CRT in the staff room too so it would be great for something like a PlayStation. I'd probably be playing alone though..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Always wanted to do this.

We have a 21" CRT in the staff room too so it would be great for something like a PlayStation. I'd probably be playing alone though..
        I think you'd be surprised how many people would see it and have memories brought back of the games they used to play. I found it amazing how people who will only ever play on the latest console will spend 10 minutes playing Mario Kart or NBA Jam and get completely lost in the game and forget about how the graphics aren't cutting edge. Go for it!

Comment

Superb idea! Games are meant to be fun. Good to remind people of that.

Comment

No no no. Stop this now, SNES prices don't need to be driven up any further!

Comment

Got any jobs going at your place?

Comment

Working...
              X