My Mega Drive Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mega Drive Collection

As a lucky coincidence I've just picked up a modded Mega Drive to tie in with its 25th anniversary. I'm aiming to regather the many games I had when it first came out (minus the **** of course) and will be posting my progress on Youtube in the form of collecting and gameplay videos.

Here's the start of my humble collection.

I've decided to start collecting Japanese Mega Drive releases. Here's what I have so far :)

hmm, not sure why it's not just showing without the link...

nice start, i have been slowly building mine for a year or so, got a few of the titles you have and after seeing your vid gives me a couple more to add.

been toying with the idea of getting another everdrive for the titles that are way expensive and hard to get hold of though.,

ones i suggest worth picking up are Undeadline, Alien 3 and elemental master.

Comment

I was toying with an everdrive, but if I'm going to get something like that i might as well not bother with the collection.

Comment

Looking good, Strider! Can anyone show off their MD collection is this thread? I'm not going for a full collection or anything like that, just the stuff I really like. Started getting back in to the MD a year or so ago after selling all of my games when the boy came along in 2007. Back then I had all the rare and expesive titles apart from the Acclaim **** but that's because it is ****. Anyway, I think my collection is growing well. Must have about 80 to 100 titles by now.
        Last edited by Yakumo; 18-11-2013, 22:40.

Comment

Of course mate. The more the better.

Comment

nice. I'll if I have time tonight to take some photos. It's hard to think that 25 years ago I was sitting in my bedroom playing Super Shinobi thinking it's the best games are every going to be.
            Last edited by Yakumo; 18-11-2013, 23:50.

Comment

i remember seeing sonic at a local Tandy shop, and saying to myself my god how fast was that game!

so went out and got one, the sonic pack, JPN Golden Axe 2 & adaptor. great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                As a lucky coincidence I've just picked up a modded Mega Drive to tie in with its 25th anniversary. I'm aiming to regather the many games I had when it first came out (minus the **** of course) and will be posting my progress on Youtube in the form of collecting and gameplay videos.

Here's the start of my humble collection.

I've decided to start collecting Japanese Mega Drive releases. Here's what I have so far :)

hmm, not sure why it's not just showing without the link...
                Embedding link works fine

There you go

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  It's hard to think that 25 years ago I was sitting in my bedroom playing Super Shinobi thinking it's the best games are every going to be.
                  That was right though wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    nice. I'll if I have time tonight to take some photos. It's hard to think that 25 years ago I was sitting in my bedroom playing Super Shinobi thinking it's the best games are every going to be.
                    And you were right!

Comment

Nope would only be right if he had been playing.....

To say i love that game is an understatement, if your megadrive collection doesn't contain this gem then it gets graded average by default. Doesn't matter how many high profile games you have with no magical flying hat turbo adventure then it's just plain average & NO decappattack doesn't count LOL

Comment

I've got that game!! Look with this quick cheap ass picture taken with the phone just now.

Comment

Hehe no need for arrows my eyes have been trained to pick it out of a sea of spines LOL. With the fact it costs barely nothing to get hold of & is a solid platformer makes no excuse why everyone shouldn't have it.

Grading = awesome

Comment

It's on my to buy list, mainly as it's one of the first imports I owned. All the ones I saw on ebay though were without instruction manuals

Comment

New games
                              Hey guys. Traded in some more Saturn games to get my next budge of Mega Drive goodies. Really pleased with the stuff here and feel the collection is shaping ...

Still can't get embedding to work

Comment

Working...
                              X