GameCube PAL 60Hz Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameCube PAL 60Hz Games

Is there a resource that lists which games have an available 60Hz mode?

While having an NTSC collection is nice sourcing games is a pain in the butt so I figured playing via 480i on my KX-14CP1 would be acceptable in PAL60. I know Smash definitely supports it and possibly F-Zero GX too but was wondering about other titles.

Probably gonna go for a golden ten or whatever.

A lot do from memory, certainly nearly nearly all the later ones. Metroid Prime 2 (maybe also the first?) is only 60hz.

Other than that, Pikmin 2 definitely does as I'm playing it at the moment.

Comment

Gheist is a 60hz game.

Comment

There's a list here. Incomplete though.

Comment

Most PAL GameCube games support 60Hz almost all the main Nintendo titles do so, Mario, F-Zero, Zelda, Metroid etc..

There isn't a good PAL HZ list that I've seen for Gamecube, but if your after a certain game let me know as I still have a large set of PAL Gamecube games and can always test them.

Could do a FAQ at some point but need to finish the Dreamcast one first.

Comment

The link acidbearboy has allowed me to compile a small list of titles I want thus far.

Eternal Darkness
            F-Zero GX
            Metroid Prime
            Metroid Prime 2
            PN03
            Resident Evil 4
            Super Mario Sunshine
            Super Smash Bros Melee
            Viewtiful Joe
            Viewtiful Joe 2

Might get Resident Evil Remake too, should give it a shot.

Found an unused Cube with a very subtle auction on eBay too so I hope I win that.

Gonna be a good time, just a shame Luigi's Mansion is 50Hz.

Comment

I highly Recommend the Resident Evil Remake great game, Zero was also good but not as good as the remake.

But were 60hz as I recall from memory.

Comment

PAL Legend of Zelda games on the GC are all (?) 60Hz only.

PAL Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, a game I really enjoyed, I've just checked and that also supports 60Hz.

PAL Eternal Darkness SR, my favourite GC game, I can't see any 60Hz option and my memory too is that it is 50Hz only.

Comment

Seems to be that if you hold B it will give you the option for 60Hz or something? Like NTSC machines do with 480p output.
                  Last edited by speedlolita; 27-11-2013, 23:22.

Comment

That is correct. It was how I was able to run some PAL exclusive games in the US for my ex-girlfriend.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I assume Wave Race doesn't have this? Really want to play it in 60Hz.

Comment

Afraid not no or I'd have bought a copy.

Comment

The PAL games with 60Hz support usually say so in the manual.

I searched out my copy of Eternal Darkness and I was wrong, it does support PAL60 and WS too. To enable 60Hz press and hold the B whilst the Loading Screen is being displayed and you'll get the 60Hz option choice if the game supports it.

PAL Star Wars Rogue Leader RS2 also supports 60Hz - very well made, authentic looking Star Wars shooter but I still didn't enjoy it much. Never been a Star Wars fan at all.
                          Last edited by fallenangle; 29-11-2013, 15:56.

Comment

Might grab those Star Wars games, heard very good things about them.

Comment

I found the Star Wars games a bit rubbish. Very pretty but extremely basic.

Comment

Working...
                              X