Let's play DC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's play DC!

So just after posting in a different thread about some DC games I used to play it got me thinking about how super special the DC was, with a real mix of crazy games I thought it would be high time to start a DC revisit gaming thread.

Every week I shall be playing through a different DC game, with posting of clips and a written review for all of you lot to read.

If anybody else would like to join as well than that would be class, would be ace to get some good chats started up and go through some nice reminiscing time.

So, first game I shall be playing this week is...

HEADHUNTER

Reaching an average score in Metacritic of 74, this game is viewed by many as a sort of MGS 2 wannabe, but in my view this would be unfair, although strong comparisons to MGS2 can be drawn - (looking from round the corner of walls, neck snapping from behind etc) I also think HeadHunter is a solid third person action adventure with stealth and driving elements with it's own unique personalty, I personally think the game is very good, the story is a futuristic almost sci-fi setting based around a 'Headhunter' - Jack Wade (law enforcer) of the Anti Crime Network who with no memory wakes up in a top secret laboratory and at the start of the game is set to investigate the murder of the head of the ACN, while also on a journey to discover why his ACN licence was revoked, and who he really is. It all sounds cliched but the way the story is executed (through FMV, and News Broadcasts among other things is done very well and is for sure gripping.

A special mention has to go to the music, which is just fantastic. Here's a taster:

More to come soon after I spend a few hours reminding myself of the game play I shall go in depth into that area of the game, please bare with me it has been many years since I last played it!
    Last edited by darkangel; 29-12-2013, 19:29.

Loved this game - controls were a bit iffy, but it all hung together well. Plot, gameplay, music, action.

Comment

I played this last year on the ps2. Not sure if there is any difference between the two versions but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Shall be keeping an eye on this thread just in case you play anything that might have me wanting to join in.

Comment

This to me had the feel of a big release when it hit DC, like it was going to be a bit special. I don't think many bought it though.

Comment

It's a nearly good game. It's unplayable now because of the lack of proper third person mechanics. Everything else is good though.

Comment

Shouldn't this be in retro section?

Comment

Yes it should, and now is.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                This to me had the feel of a big release when it hit DC, like it was going to be a bit special. I don't think many bought it though.
                Same. Thought this was going to be the ****. Certainly looked the part when it came out that's for sure.

Didn't it have a weird robocop like method of telling the story?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Shouldn't this be in retro section?
                  Not if you're like me and still regard the DC as being "next-gen"

Comment

Been playing New Generation today, just to take a break from 3rd strike. Looks and plays fantastic as ever.

Comment

just raked out my DC from the loft, fired it up with Sonic Adventure 2, never played the game before so all new to me, pretty good so far, only played it for half an hour or so.

going to play some Daytona and Snow Surfers later on.

Comment

I seem to remember HeadHunter getting good reviews and hype, but then a lot of hate for some reason - finally ending up in the ?1 bins.... I always liked it. Does anybody know if the sequel on Xbox fixes any of the problems with the first?

Comment

I'm definitely aiming to boost my DC games collection this year. I still have the DC (with VGA box, 4 VMUs, 4 controllers and official arcade stick - all boxed!) that Colin sold me 18 months ago sitting in my room but only Crazy Taxi to play on it.

Comment

I still cannot get used to Ferrari F335 even though I prefer racing sims,the game is simply unplayable.I still play 18 Wheeler the most and although it is arcade like playability wise and short lived I have set the goal of completing every track with every driver on every difficulty level and the game had transformed itself. It has proven to be very aggressive especially on the hardest level with some of the slower trucks lol.

Comment

The double shifting technique required for good times in F355 was a pain. Put me right off.

Comment

Working...
                              X