Bang & Olufsen MX4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bang & Olufsen MX4000

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Bang & Olufsen BeoVision MX4000 21" Analog CRT Television at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

I'm looking to get a bigger tv (21" Max)

I was looking for a Wega or Trinitron, but, I've heard members here mention the B&O set before.

Would you recommend it over the Trinitron or wega..

Or better still, what would you recommend out of them 3 models...

I can't be any bigger than 21" 4:3.

I tried a 24" crt sony and whilst the picture was glorious, its just too big for my room, and it looked too big for my gaming preference.

I'm currently using a 14" sony Trinitron. Its magic tbh, but, I think I should go 21" now.

Thank You for any advice.

If size is a concern then the B&O seems pretty appealing yes. I know people over at Shmups swear by them.

Myself though, nah. Not a fan of consumer grade displays - much prefer a 15kHz monitor or a PVM.

If you can get it cheap enough though it might be worth just buying and reselling it if you don't like it, B&O are pretty desirable after all.

EDIT: Also it seems as if they have a nice de-interlacing feature which can make 480i PS2 ports look like 240p.

Comment

B&O will make your life more pimp so just do it.

Comment

That auction is a very early version, SW 1.1, of the MX4000. Better holding out for a later version 3.x or onwards. The last models are better apparently. I had the last version of the MX6000 and it was pretty good especially in the audio department. Take the contrast panel off the front for the best picture. RGB isn't quite as vibrant as S-Video on these sets though. And the case is nice and square so it's easy to use for tate action.
        And if you need a remote for it I have a Beo 4 remote here looking for a new home.

For a consumer grade CRT it's pretty good but my recently acquired E3001 chassis Loewe Calida 5255 is better.

I would agree with speedlolita if you only want a 20" or so screen go for a broadcast monitor. Sony PVM or BVM, Ikegami and JVC all do cracking monitors. These monitors were megabucks when new but have a stunning image quality. I have an Ikegami monitor for 3:4 stuff and it is the business. If I can lay my hands on another the Loewe will be getting punted.

Comment

Yes, I would've recommended a Loewe over a B&O (Arent B&O TVs just higher spec Phillips anyway?)

Comment

Both Loewe and B&O used Philips tubes. It was the electronics inside that was different. From what I have seen recently with the MX6000 and E3001 Loewe it looks like Loewe moved things on a bit more quickly than B&O. The MX series was around for a long time and the UI on the late model SW 4.3 version I had is very primitive compared to the older Loewe set.

Comment

I'm just going or I am trying to locate a 21" wega or Trinitron. Has to be in Coventry as I don't drive. Having no luck in local charity shops e.t.c at the moment. I'll keep trying tho..

Comment

If anyone knows of a set like this in the Coventry area, I'd be grateful for a heads up Many Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  If anyone knows of a set like this in the Coventry area, I'd be grateful for a heads up Many Thanks.
                  You should keep looking on Gumtree, maybe freecycle? Great for local stuff as people don't wanna use eBay. None in brum, I looked for you

Comment

Thanks Steve I'll have a look and check gumtree again more regular.
                    I'm actually in Coventry, close to Birmingham. Ideally, I'd like the silver Trinitron or wega 4:3 21"

Thanks tho man, that's appreciated.

Comment

As well as locally, I'm trying gumtree, freecycle and ebay. If you hear of a 21" sony Trinitron (pref grey model) in Coventry, Please give me a shout. I know 24" is too big, my room is tiny and I gave it away. The picture was glorious, but too big. 21" is gonna be perfect :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X