Project Justice Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Justice Dreamcast

I bought this a while back, and whilst the production and presentation is beyond special, it didn't click with me.
    How the f did it not!!! because...

I got a stack of back-ups (really not my thing) that came with a bundle I bought. I saw that Project Justice was one of them, I popped it in to give it another try and WOW it clicked and I am finding it amazing, beautiful, quirky, fluid, just stunning.

I stopped playing it now as quite simply I want the PAL Original (Interested if selling)

Anyone else have thoughts on this game...

I'm also wondering, you can chose different sets in Story mode, does the story change for each character set you choose?

I don't want to play it anymore until I get the original, hopefully this weekend!

WOW Did it click, I'm not sure what I was bloody thinking when I played it originally..

Thought this was great too, when i played it many moons ago.

The original jap ps1 version is really nice as well (there may be a sequel to, but cant remember)

Comment

Superb game. Rival Schools proved after the abominable Street Fighter EX games that Capcom could produce a 3D Street Fighter game (I know EX was by Arika but it was still signed off by Capcom), and Project Justice pretty much perfected its formula. Not too surprised we haven't seen much in the way of a sequel, as I doubt you could do much else with the formula (I half expected Kyosuke or someone else to be in Ultra SF4).

Comment

Asura, may I ask, do you remember in story mode, is the story mode different for every school you do...

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Superb game. Rival Schools proved after the abominable Street Fighter EX games that Capcom could produce a 3D Street Fighter game (I know EX was by Arika but it was still signed off by Capcom), and Project Justice pretty much perfected its formula. Not too surprised we haven't seen much in the way of a sequel, as I doubt you could do much else with the formula (I half expected Kyosuke or someone else to be in Ultra SF4).
          i actually quite enjoyed the Ex series but agree project justice was better

one of my fav tunes ever

Comment

It's all about the POV. Massage thing in the original rival schools. And the synchronised swimmer character in RS2. PJ is a sweet game tho sho!

Actually is the swimmer guy in PJ too?

I recall not being able to access the rpg in RS2 due to the modchip or something.
            Last edited by Baseley09; 22-03-2014, 23:42.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              i actually quite enjoyed the Ex series but agree project justice was better

one of my fav tunes ever
              That whole OST is awesome - well worth a download

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                Asura, may I ask, do you remember in story mode, is the story mode different for every school you do...
                It's hard to remember as there were two versions of the game - not Project Justice 1&2, but like a "normal" edition and a "special" edition. The "normal" one had a kind of arcade mode where you followed a story, and the other one had this weird dating-game style RPG thing going on, where you moved pieces on a board game and had character relationships that dictated the fights.

I never got into the RPG one because the Japanese made it impenetrable (I could play it, but there was no real reward to doing so, because you were just playing it for the fights).

As for the "normal" one, I believe the story mode was the same, insofar as it changed slightly to put your chosen characters into the main character role, but ultimately it was the same story. I should say though that it's been nearly 8 years since I last played it, so I really can't remember.

Comment

Whilst I'm not into back-ups. I had to play it again. I learnt the command list for the 3 characters on the opening school in training mode.
                  Changed the difficulty from 2 to 4 and jezz, its a blast. I love it.

I had to turn it off, as I still want the excitement when I get the original.

I like a few 3D fighters, I'm more a 2d fighter person tho. Whilst the World knows how special Namcos Soul was, and still is, this is different, the graphics are gorgeous in a totally different way to soul, and the move sets are transferred from a 2d SF into a 3D Fighter. Genius.

Soul Caliburs move list is overwhelming to me, I love it and play it, but, each character has about a 100 moves at their disposal, yes, that's deep, but too much for me.

I need this in my collection with a manual!

Comment

A fantastic game that while isn't the best visually, is full of character and playability. To keep in with the insane feel of the first game (and it's 1.5 incarnation) the Japanese version features an exclusive board game which let's you raise a character and build up various stats.

Comment

Working...
                    X