Super famicom pad version uuuuuup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super famicom pad version uuuuuup

Had a nice productive afternoon modding another pad, fed up of useless 3rd party knockoff usb pads i much prefer to use the original pads & USBify them. Used to use the Super smart joy adapter but it has a flaw you cant press Y + A at the same time.

Retrozone do a fantastic usb kit that works on famicom&NES / super famicom&SNES pads, 20 min mod job & it works like a charm. No drivers needed & works with every emulator you can throw at it, a few pics of the process. Nintendo are total dicks when it comes to wiring they use wires that are not solid it is a string core with the thinnest most fragile copper ribbon wound around them so if you are even remotely rough the wire just snaps. Also makes soldering a bit tricky but if you tin them it becomes a bit easier. Gave the board & al the plastic bits a good clean before it all went back together, there was some Japanese hand cheese in the cracks but now spotless looks like new.

Next ones i plan on doing are pc engine & megadrive, found another conversion board for those ones so i look forward to doing those in time. Feels great to use the original pads on the pc
    Last edited by importaku; 18-04-2014, 16:50.

Dude, Please please PUH LEASE test this on an original xbox? You'll need one of these obviously:

If this **** works for the mark 2 Saturn pad then it'll be amaze balls!
    Last edited by bash; 18-04-2014, 22:30.

Comment

Barbie called, she wants her hot glue gun back...........

Seriously though, nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
        Dude, Please please PUH LEASE test this on an original xbox? You'll need one of these obviously:

If this **** works for the mark 2 Saturn pad then it'll be amaze balls!
        Unfortunately i don't have either the cable or an original xbox to test it on. Sega saturn pads can be modded but not with the retrozone usb kit. There is another guy on the net that sells a usb board that works with various pads you just solder the jumpers to make it configure to the pad your putting it on. Not got any of those yet but thats how i plan on modding the next 2 pads im after.

lol the hot glue gun was the cheapest i could find at the time in hobbycraft, slammed Barbies ass to the floor & walked away with it.

Comment

The original Xbox cable is a proprietary USB cable as it is.

lol..

Comment

Working...
          X