Everdrive and Multimega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everdrive and Multimega

Quick query - has anyone here successfully used an Everdrive v3 on a European Multimega? I'm having some trouble with mine, and just want to know whether they are known to be compatible ... or if there is anything special I have to do (like use a different bios??).

The Multimega works fine with both discs and carts, and brings up the Everdrive menus and file trees, but just won't run the games ... apart from the first time I fired it up when it loaded Sonic the Hedgehog.

I've used a first edition Everdrive on a Multi-Mega without issue. The Multi-mega was soft mod BIOS switched, but I didn't have any trouble.

Have you tried the ED in a normal MD?
    Is the PSU for the Multi-Mega the correct one? The ED is power hungry, and using an incorrect PSU can cause issues.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
      I've used a first edition Everdrive on a Multi-Mega without issue. The Multi-mega was soft mod BIOS switched, but I didn't have any trouble.

Have you tried the ED in a normal MD?
      Is the PSU for the Multi-Mega the correct one? The ED is power hungry, and using an incorrect PSU can cause issues.
      Solved - problem was me not understanding how to put the ROMS properly onto the SD card. All working fine now... so next step is to get all the MS ROMS and then onto trying out all those import MCD games I've never had a chance to play before! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
        ...and then onto trying out all those import MCD games I've never had a chance to play before! :-)
        My recommendations would be Record of Lodoss War (not the same as the PCE game) and Shadowrun. Both are playable with limited Japanese: I have managed to finish Shadowrun and get a fair way into Lodoss with only knowledge of katakana and limited hiragana (just the simple stuff like hai/iie).

Maybe one day I will take the time to learn the language properly as there are quite a few gems that are unlikely to be fan-translated due to the little interest the much-maligned console receives. I'm talking 3x3 Eyes, Alshark, Illusion City and Arcus I II III. Would love to be able to play through and enjoy them, as well as appreciate the lengthy dialogue in Shadowrun.

Comment

Working...
        X