Proper RGB cable for PS1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper RGB cable for PS1?

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a true RGB cable for the PS1/2 that i can purchase?

Been sold 2 composite cables in a week on ebay, second one was even advertised as being true rgb rather than composite!

Could always try amazon:

Trying to find official RGB cables is a pain took me a while to source one.

Comment

Thanks dude

Looking on Amazon it appears to be a minefield as well. Just wish i knew which brand was true RGB

Comment

Don't forget that you can use a PS3 Scart cable, it's exactly the same.

Comment

Grab an official cable! It's the only way!

I have both the PS1 and PS2 official cables now, hooray!

Checking eBay history though, seems a few official PS1 cables have gone for between ?10 and ?15 recently. Very cheap.

Comment

In the end, I had to fork out for an original PS1 cable, cost ?30 from a chap on here.

Although they seem as rare as hens teeth, took ages for one to come on the market.

Comment

I found one on ebay but it was botched - the replacement worked though. Careful of the length though if it doesn't specify in the listing..... it'll be about 2 inches long

Comment

The Sony official cable it worth it, it's really thick and high quality. Probably the best official cable I've seen.

Unlike digital cables like HDMI, it's worth paying the extra for decent analogue cables like RGB Scart.

Comment

another official ps1 RGB scart cable user here!

Well worth tracking down - the output is fantastic

Comment

I've got a spare official PS1 scart cable if you're interested.

Comment

There is a Joytech PS2 era scart cable which is good as well. It has a braided finish in a near black colour. I had the official cable with my last PS2 and it's a good bit of kit too.

Comment

I've found even lesser cables to give a decent image with the PS2. I think the main difference is going to be the actual values in the cable but considering the position Sony used to be in regarding the AV world you can see why their cables are top of the class.

On my old Ferguson CRT, the official PS2 cable would not only switch the AV channel, but turn on the TV. Turning off the console would then also turn off the CRT.

Utterly crazy.

Comment

Working...
                        X