Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Gaming Event: Revival 2014 9th&10th August, Wolverhampton Racecourse (WV6 0PE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah man, don't think I can make this Will try to get to one at some point

Comment

Missed it last year which was annoying as I only live 10miles away in West Bromwich, but hoping to get there this year.

Comment

2 more sleeps until lift off!

Comment

Looks like I'll be there on Saturday with gradius.
          Qualitychimp is that any good for you?
          Coming on the train so easier on Saturday for us.

Comment

Ah OK.

I'll have a conference with my entertainments manager [hide]my wife[/hide].

Comment

I've already spoken to her, she said it would be ok

Comment

Obviously not, as I've been told we're replacing the fence on Saturday, so I can only do Sunday.

Sorry, it looks like I won't get to see your glorious buxom frame this year.

Comment

Really enjoyed this yesterday. Great machines, weather, cider. What more can you ask for?
                  Went with gradius and played quite a few pinball machines, great as you don't get much chance to play them these days.
                  Good turnout

Comment

Yeah, I went on Sunday with 3 mates and we had a blast. Apparently there were less people than Saturday, but there were still loads there and a great atmosphere.

Interestingly, I tried a few pinball machines too as I'm normally quite scared of them as I seem to lose quite quickly and never get the flashy features to activate. I thought Popeye, The Avengers and one with a big spinning disc were great. I liked the look of the Star Trek, Congo and Martian attack ones, but didn't play those. I had to laugh at the scores I was getting. "16 million points! is that good? Oh the high score is 60 million." The scores lose their meaning when they're so high!

I loved the opportunity to try out Oculus on Half-Life 2. It was really weird as it really felt like I was looking down.

I'm always tempted to play games that I've played to death, so aside from a blast on PC Engine R-Type and PS1 Time Crisis, I tried to play stuff I'd not had chance to before.

I loved the Fix-It Felix Jr. cabinet! The 4-player Daytona was great too, but only one of us sussed out there was a turbo button, so he kept winning! A guy called Vinny had a section of consoles that were great and after seeing some of his modded consoles, my friend ended up getting an XBox for an EMU project for ?20, bargain.

I tried a few shooters - Gunbird PS2, Tengai PS2 and some DC shooter pack, but I couldn't work out the names (Chaos Seed X, Trizcal(?) and something II with a witch in it?).
                    I liked Ikaruga on the GC and Zero Gunner 2 on the DC, which is right up my street - you play a helicopter that shoots at a variety of vehicles (submarine, stealth bomber, train), that all take a bunch of hits and then turn into robots and take some more punishment!

We all had a great time and on the way home, we all agreed we'd like to go again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Yeah, I went on Sunday with 3 mates and we had a blast. Apparently there were less people than Saturday, but there were still loads there and a great atmosphere.
                      Yep, on the Saturday it was pretty much jam packed and was hard to move around at points, but it was still good fun even though the Terminator 2 was perpetually being played.

Comment

Yeah me and a retro gaming buddy went on the Saturday and got there about 11:30am,it was okay to be honest with the venue perhaps only a little bigger than Retro Ball 2005 in Kenilworth but the other events I have been to like CGE2005,Game On`s and Pinball Show were a different kettle of fish I suppose.I spent a lot of time taking pictures and managed to play some machines that are old favourites of mine like Plleads,Lunar Rescue,Space Invaderss Pt II,Millipede and I absolutely love that cab version of Frogger and preffer it the original design (In fact I want one already),my main gripe of the day was that I just could not get on the pinball tables,I especially wanted to play the Family Guy one which I have heard so much about.
                        I did manage to talk to a few of the retro collect guys and introduce myself (on RC forum I am `G-Darius) , actually the first RC dude I approached by sheer coincidence was from my own neck of the woods in the Black Country lol,so a good day really and I came away with a Sega Megadrive Golden Axe T-shirt so cool ,
                        I would give RR 2014 a score of 7/10

Last edited by aticatac; 13-08-2014, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                        X