No announcement yet.

Thinking of going 60hz only. Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 games aren't expensive. Tenner tops for basically every game you actually want to play. F-Zero X, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, OoT...

Comment

Does anyone on here actually play heavily bordered and gimped 50hz games?

Comment

I have even got a 60hz missus!

But I would certainly hope people would aim for 60hz here with the knowledge available.

NTSC N64 games are generally well priced.
        Last edited by nakamura; 17-08-2014, 11:12.

Comment

Yeah the only obstacle with the N64 is getting the system itself but I should be able to fund it if I were to sell my pal system. If anyone has a spare NTSC unit they want to hook me up with let me know.

Comment

PAL, urrgh just no. it's like the 3rd world of gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Radirgy View Post
              Yeah the only obstacle with the N64 is getting the system itself but I should be able to fund it if I were to sell my pal system. If anyone has a spare NTSC unit they want to hook me up with let me know.
              Ridgeracer had one. You want it RGB modded too tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Ridgeracer had one. You want it RGB modded too tbf.
                I think he already sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Eh, I can pass on Tales. I have been meaning to pick up Luigi's Manion and Pikmin though, I skipped them as they weren't PAL60 but if they're good 50Hz conversions then that's fine.
                  Modding a PAL cube is a waste of time and money, PAL Gamecube's don't include component or 480p support, nor do they come with the default Japanese Bios font, which are used by some games as a result on a PAL cube the text appears as "($^&%$$&(*&%$!" on games that used it. Better just to get a NTSC Japanese cube then region mod it.

Only time anyone should really play a 50hz games is if it was only released in PAL. Mind you I'm amazed how ignorant many kids are today on 50hz issues, Wii U miiverse is full of kids who thing the PAL version isn't any different to the NTSC sigh.

Comment

Lack of component or 480p is only really an issue if you are buying the cables in the first place. Because lets be honest, you could buy a 3DS for the price of a Gamecube component cable.

Comment

Graphical improves are worth it but, these days you can also just by the Wii to do the same as long as it's a unit with GC support.

Comment

Getting a Wii and modding it is surely the answer for all GC related stuff right?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Getting a Wii and modding it is surely the answer for all GC related stuff right?
                          Basically how I play NTSC GC games nowadays.

That said, I wouldn't mind an official GC Component Cable. It would be nice to be able to use my Panasonic Q to play GC games, even if only for the sake of authenticity.

Comment

I'm thinking of using the computer to emulate GC/Wii games via Dolphin as the upscaling makes the images look fantastic:

Very crispy.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Does anyone on here actually play heavily bordered and gimped 50hz games?
                              Yep. Atari 2600, C64 and Spectrum games.

Comment

Most Amiga games are 50Hz. And loads have quite small play areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X