Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games that came with the soundtrack on a tape/CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games that came with the soundtrack on a tape/CD?

Games that immediately come to mind are Out Run and 720?. Awesome soundtracks.

They came free in a larger tape case that housed the game tape and then the soundtrack. I assumed they were to be played on your HiFi whilst playing? Haha, that's what I did when playing the Spectrum versions. I imagine this would of been slightly chaotic if you were on the C64 version where music was already being generated in-game.

Any other games?

think snes version of killer instinct came with killer cuts cd

Comment

I give you Interstate 76!

Bullmark recorded this on vintage instruments and it's amazing!

Comment

I remember Donkey Kong Country had some promo CD with a bunch of licensed music that had nothing to do with the game. Only track I can recall was Primal Scream's "Rocks".

edit: linky

Comment

Platoon came with a copy of Smokey Robinsons Tracks of my tears on the spectrum

Think Adidas Championship Football also came with the World Cup song (the one where John Barnes does his rap) on tape.

Killer Instinct on the SNES came with a CD as well...which is surprisingly cool & I still have it.

Trying to think of others now

Neil

Comment

Haa yeah I remember the Platoon one.

Do we know whether the ones I mentioned were meant to be played along to the game or not?

Comment

I used to listen to the Outrun tape that came with the C64 version on my Walkman on car journeys with my parents

Comment

Frankie Goes To Hollywood game had a tape with a live version of Relax on it. Obscure game for the C64 called Confuzion had a song on the B side (the title music in game was an acoustic version of this song). Deus Ex Machina technically had a soundtrack and spoken words, it was to be played at the same time as playing the game as things were in sync. Not a game, but the first covertape on Zzap!64 had a remix of Sanxion on the B side done by Rob Hubbard.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The killer cuts album that came with SNES Killer Instinct was the arcade soundtrack. Very good it is too.

Symphony of the Night had a nice Castlevania music history bonus cd.

I remember Phantom Brave on ps2 came with a cd. Couldn't tell you what was on it though.

Comment

Final Fantasy Anthology NTSC came with a best of music CD.
                    Persona 1- 2 PSP, 4 on PS2 NTSC, Dissidia PAL, Trails in the Sky PSP all came with or had OST variants.

Comment

Guilty Gear Dreamcast JPN, Death Smiles 360 PAL, DDP Resurrection 360 PAL. I've had loads more, but just about to fall asleep

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
                        Guilty Gear Dreamcast JPN, Death Smiles 360 PAL, DDP Resurrection 360 PAL. I've had loads more, but just about to fall asleep
                        I forgot about the Shooters a lot of those came with Soundtracks recently

Neil

Comment

My copy of Comix Zone on Mega Drive came with a CD of the soundtrack, thought it was quite cool at the time

Comment

Most Japanese Limited Edition tend to come with soundtracks, in fact most modern LE releases still do.

Retro wise in turns of European only release, KI and DKC game with one as already mentioned, Comix Zone also came with one in Europe.

Comment

Everyone's a Wally came with a Mike Berry song on the b-side of the tape.

Comment

Working...
                              X