Unusual Auction for the UK - FM Towns 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Auction for the UK - FM Towns 2

Not often you see one of these close to home, no real software included but hey do you want the moon?

If only I had a real job!

Comment

Oh wow, I always wanted one of these. If the monitor never had that crack I would be buying it.

Comment

It would be cheaper to fly to the UK, collect it, and stuff into a suitcase rather than having it shipped overseas.

Comment

Considering this one went for over a grand recently I'm amazed no one has jumped on the one shown above -

The one in the OP is for me the coolest home PC ever. I remember when there was a feature on it in C&VG back in the day and it just looked like the most amazing thing ever. I think I'm glad that monitor is damaged.

Comment

So... I was proud of my gaming knowledge until this very moment....

What the hell is it!? And what does it play...??

Comment

Very cool but the games cost a fortune which is why i never jumped on one, sure you can play pirates but part of the enjoyment is having those nice original boxes.

Funny though even though it's that old it looks classier than a lot of modern gaming hardware.

Comment

Neat, yes, but I'd sooner have an X68k.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Very cool but the games cost a fortune which is why i never jumped on one, sure you can play pirates but part of the enjoyment is having those nice original boxes.

Funny though even though it's that old it looks classier than a lot of modern gaming hardware.
                  Compare it design wise to a UK PC of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                    So... I was proud of my gaming knowledge until this very moment....

What the hell is it!? And what does it play...??
                    It's essentially a Japanese dos/3.1 era pc with custom graphics and bespoke operating system to run FM Towns software. It runs high quality arcade conversions and cd audio pc ports, the likes of Ultima & lucasarts series.

There is a consolised version called Marty that runs a portion of the software.

Comment

Why people thought beige was an acceptable colour for pc stuff i'll never know lol.

Comment

I wish someone would buy it, it's far too tempting. Along with the X68000, it had a mystique about it back in the 90's, you saw things about it in the games magazines, but it was so unobtainable.

Comment

Bet one of you caves in and picks it up

Comment

It is very expensive for what it is, there is an equivalent machine on Yahoo Japan for about ?50 at the moment with less than 2 hours to run, shipping is obviously the killer, but i still think you'd get it for half of what he's asking.

Comment

I know who my money's on.

Comment

Working...
                              X