No announcement yet.

Failed home computer systems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend used to have a plus 4, there used to be a bike game (cant remember name) where you had to go through an obsticle course collecting balloons, it was pretty fun. Also remember playing fingers malone, monty on the run & icycle works.

Comment

and of course this to

then you have computers like the atari falcon

I think the amiga 1200 could be classed as a failure aswell
      Last edited by eastyy; 22-11-2014, 23:26.

Comment

Wonder if anyones ever had a go at trying to get a 32X running out the slot LOL.

Comment

Look at the font on that Mega PC. Clearly the designer was high.

Comment

What do you expect it's Amstrad

Comment

You're not wrong...

Comment

Just wondering have Amstrad ever made a piece of hardware that looks appealing? Even back in the day i didn't care much for the designs of the spectrum/cpc464 ect.

Comment

Awwwwww yeahhhhhh.

Comment

Blargh, ban request ban reqest ban request

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Just wondering have Amstrad ever made a piece of hardware that looks appealing? Even back in the day i didn't care much for the designs of the spectrum/cpc464 ect.
                      edit already posted lol

Comment

I had a ZX81 then a Vic-20. Most of my Vic-20 games were on cartridge. I spent many hours playing Radar Rat Race and Omega Race.
                        Last edited by chipsgravy; 23-11-2014, 07:24.

Comment

I used to love messing around with BASIC on the Oric Atmos. You could get sound effects out of the thing with really simple commands like 'BANG' and 'PING'. My cousin had one and it was also one of the machines they had on display in Arding & Hobbs at Clapham Junction. Friends and I would go in there after school and try out some of the more esoteric machines of the day.
                          Last edited by Jay; 24-11-2014, 09:07.

Comment

The Atmos was a smart looking machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              All the talk in the FM Towns auction thread got me thinking about some of the home computers I could remember from being a kid. Anyone have any good memories of owning obscure systems? Two that immediately spring to mind are the Texas Instruments TI99 that a friend at school had, it was the only one I ever saw in my life -
                              Originally posted by Colin View Post

Can't remember a single bit of software she had for it though, or even if it had any!

My sister got one for Xmas, it was the first home computer I had seen, she never touched, me on the other hand spent the whole of the Xmas holidays playing the one game she had and trying to input code from the manual that it came with, I seem to remember creating a rainbow of colour

Man that's a blast from the past.. So that was my first taste of a home computer, the only way was up from there, an Atari XE followed, oh the shame!
                              Last edited by chojin; 02-12-2014, 18:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X