Your favourite F-Zero game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite F-Zero game

Is it the Super Famicom, the N64, the GameCube one or one of the GBA ones?
    F-Zero (Super Famicom/SNES)
    0%
    F-Zero X (N64)
    0%
    F-Zero Maximum Velocity/Advance (Game Boy Advance)
    0%
    F-Zero AX/GX (Arcade/GameCube)
    0%
    F-Zero GP Legend/Falcon Densetsu (Game Boy Advance)
    0%
    F-Zero Climax (Game Boy Advance)
    0%

Gotta be F-Zero X on the N64 for me.

Yes, the graphics were bland and basic to say the least, but it cannot be beaten for sheer speed.

Tomato, don't you think you should've done a poll for this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by tomato
      Is it the Super Famicom, the N64, the GameCube one or one of the GBA ones?
      FZero GX for me, hitting those ramps and flying through the air with all the other competitors is such an awesome feeling

Comment

FZero -X for me, i didn't play it on the snes as i didn't fancy it, but i did enjoy the Cube version.

Comment

Gamecube one for me, spent many a happy hour on that time trialling away.

Comment

Only ever liked the Snes game (which is one of the best games ever made). Didn't like the rest and for me the rest lacked the magic and more so the music of the Snes classic

Comment

I liked the Game Cube version, but it has to be the original Snes title for me... the music and nostalgia gets me every time...

Comment

Do you guys know about this!! Runs on real hardware although I'm using a free PC Engine EMU on Android in this shot.

It's not a full game but more of a concept idea.

Comment

What is it, F Zero ported to PCE? Might have to chuck it on my Turbo Everdrive.

Comment

Nah, it's basically just a mode 7 test or more likely a raster sample set up as a F-Zero time challenge. It's called Hu-Zero and can be found here - http://www.chrismcovell.com/creations.html

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Only ever liked the Snes game (which is one of the best games ever made). Didn't like the rest and for me the rest lacked the magic and more so the music of the Snes classic
                      Spot on.

Comment

GX, then GP Legend on the GBA. I didn't like the A-tapping cornering they brought in on Maximum Velocity, then brought back to a lesser extent in Climax.

Comment

for me, X is the best, closely followed by GX. They are fast, look great and are very playable (with some very memorable tunes). Not a big fan of the other versions (they are abit basic and pedestrian in comparison, for my tastes)

Comment

It's a tie between the simply mind blowing original and the stunning X.

The original because it remains incredibly deep and challenging today, exceptional physics and design for 1990. On master level it's a true challenge.

X because the handling feel and audio are top class.

GX is good but lost the feel and just felt like a tech demo that lacked the sparkle for me. Horrible audio too.

Comment

I'm not a massive fan of the series but I probably enjoyed the N64 version the most. Is that X? I don't know. I got the most play from the GBA ones and F-Zero Maximum Velocity was one of two games I got at launch with my JP GBA and that was a pretty special experience, as dark as it was. I ended up getting one other GBA one later but can't remember what it was. Enjoyable but neither blew me away.

I didn't get on with the GC one at all. Being honest, I can't quite remember why after all this time. I still have it and have been tempted to give it another go as I have my GC set up at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X