No announcement yet.

Sony PlayStation - 20th Anniversary of Japanese Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty chuffed I'm not too impressed by it actually, otherwise I'd end up buying another PS4 that I wouldn't play anything on. Glad they've made a big deal of the anniversary though

Comment

Really cut down buying games related stuff for a while now, but i think i'd come off the wagon for one of those PS4's.

I love the PS1, it's probably my favourite ever console, with the SNES coming a close second. First had one about 96, with Ridge Racer, Tekken 2 and Die Hard Trilogy. Games like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill changed my perception of games. It was the console that got me into RPG's, loads of choice throughout the life of the console, so much that i'm still playing new stuff today.

Comment

Not really "Ltd" though is it? My car is Ltd (400 units made globally). Admittedly, not much money to be made in 400 PS4s
        Last edited by charlesr; 03-12-2014, 14:54.

Comment

Is your car likely to sell 50million units?

Comment

Only around 1m for my generation. None of that changes the fact that 12k units isn't really what I'd class as "limited". They could call it "Special Edition" though.

Comment

It's a tiny amount compared to the amount of consoles that will end up in homes but yeah I get what you mean.

Comment

I thought 12k was a tiny run personally, considering most 'limited editions' are incredibly easy to get hold of. I wonder what size runs other models like the midnight blue PS2 and the gunmetal grey PS3 had.

Comment

Yeah, they will still be hard to get hold of due to demand. It's a good colour too.

Comment

Anyway, the PS1 rocks. I've tweeted rather a lot about it today. Home to loads of truly amazing games.

Comment

Looking on wiki there are figures for LE Xboxs (the original Xbox). Seems ones like Kasumi Blue got around 5000 units. 200k transparent green Halo edition ones though.

Comment

I was blown away by RR on the PS1, but never enjoyed it as much as the arcade.
                        I loved the look of the console with the circular lid rising out of the rectangle and the grills on the sides.

I still have chipped MK1, but it's not working atm.

Comment

12,300, seen what they've done there, a nice reference to the Japanese RELEASE date (although 94 more would of been even more stylish). Wonder how many will be Japanese models which will obviously be the one to get.
                          Last edited by JAPJAC; 03-12-2014, 17:04.

Comment

Yup because PlayStation 4 games aren't region free.

Oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                              You could have probably saved time and money by going to Jive Consoles in Loughborough.

I did buy Biohazard and Winning Eleven from them.

To be fair, I would have driven to Glasgow if someone had it in stock that day!
                              Last edited by gIzzE; 03-12-2014, 18:25.

Comment

I was a staunch Nintendo boy growing up and was awfully snobbish about what I thought of the PS1.

Until my mate got one with Soul Blade anyway.

I managed to stay true to my Nintendo heritage by convincing my little brother to ask for a PS1 value pack along with Tekken 2 as a Chrimbo present.

I. Am. Mercenary!!

Comment

Working...
                                X