New/mint Dreamcast consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New/mint Dreamcast consoles

So I'm thinking of starting DC collecting.

I used to have a great collection of titles including the harder to find ones, but sold a fair few after a clearout - but can across a pile of unsold ones earlier. Things like Shenmue, MvC1 and 2, SF3 and a few boxes controllers and VMU's...now I have the urge to play them, and some stone cold classics like Blue Stinger

I've got a battered yellowed console which works, and a boxed one in a better condition that I could get back from
    My nephew- but I'm interested in a mint or possibly even new one.

My question- do new unopened PAL units even exist anymore? I only ask because you see so many unopened VMU's, controller and rumble packs. If not- wheres the best place to source a minty fresh boxed one?

Cheers folks!!

My mate has a dreamcast thats hardly been used, probably boxed. I can ask him if you want?

Comment

I think a very good/mint Dreamcast will be far more common. NOS consoles don't exist like controllers and the like as far as I'm aware though.

If you want a truely new/mint console the easiest way to do so is to pay out of your ass for an LE machine.

Comment

Stevie, if that's the case I wouldn't mind you giving him an ask for me! Ta pal!

Comment

Remember that all DCs that are left lying around will need the power pins scrubbed and tweaked to stop the reset issue, regardless of how unused they are.

Comment

They do exist but don't come up often.

I bought one last year keeping tabs on eBay for a long time. Managed to contact the seller and sorted a price out for collection.

He explained that everyone in the retail store he worked at were given one as a Christmas bonus one year. His was put in the attic as he has no interest in games, at which point he gave me 5 sealed games too that he remembered were up there too!

Sorry for the random story but unless you're in a rush, patience sometimes does pay off!

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly but are new boxed DC controllers and VMU's worth anything much (talking PAL standard ones). Thanks.

Comment

Not really, there have been an influx of them on eBay over the past years

Comment

Thought that must be the case, won't quit my day job just yet then, thanks Jei.

Comment

Yeah, DC pads used to be a fiver NOS and VMU about ?3 NOS.

Comment

Crikey, postage would be more.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                        Stevie, if that's the case I wouldn't mind you giving him an ask for me! Ta pal!
                        Just spoke to him, he'll find it out and take some pictures for me. He's not sure if it's boxed, won't find out until he finds it.

Comment

I've been craving for a mint Dreamcast too recently. I reckon 4 pads, 2 vmus and 2 arcade sticks with a hardcore VGA cable will do me. Probably 10-15 games.

Comment

All fine and dandy until you turn it on and hear how loud the laser is. lol

Comment

It's all part of the experience Speedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X